MT. PLEASANT (KDKA) — A devastating early morning fire in Mt., Pleasant, Westmoreland County.

On Thursday, around one in the morning, flames ripped through a brick home.

READ MORE: 'I Was Terrified:' Woman Recalls Stranger Following Her Car For Miles

“There were a dozen companies here. I can’t thank them enough,” said Paul Kraisinger.

Upset and still distraught after a fire destroyed his brick Mt. Pleasant home, Paul Kraisinger describes what the moment was like when he saw the flames.

“My son, thank God, he’s upstairs, hears the glass popping around the back. Comes down. We look in the back and it’s just like an inferno in the back deck.”

Kraisinger tells us his 20-year-old son was with a group of friends on the back deck, next to a fire pit.

When they left, he and his son went to bed, and that’s when the fire spread. From the deck, to the side of the home, attic and eventually, the roof, which collapsed.

READ MORE: Domestic Incident Inside Of The Mall At Robinson Leads To Chaotic Scene

“My son’s real distraught. Was not his fault. Accidents happen, and I love him to death,” said Kraisinger.

A fire captain on the scene said the wind was certainly a factor. It helped intensify the flames.

The other challenge? The water.

At one point, firefighters had to get water from a half-mile away due to low pressure in a hydrant.

And even though almost everything is now just a pile of rubble, Kraisinger says he’s blessed and thankful for the firefighters.

“When they come knocking, write the check. Can’t thank them enough,” said Kraisinger.

MORE NEWS: Mountaineers Become Bowl-Eligible With 34-28 Win Over Kansas

And the owner says he plans on rebuilding when he’s ready.