FAN N’ATION – Tailgate Approved: Rogue BBQ
Episode #2 – September 19, 2020
Below are the recipes for the tailgate snacks from Rogue BBQ that you can make at home!
Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- 4 slices of jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cups of watermelon (blended into a puree)
- 3 ounces of Reposado Tequila
- 1.5 ounces of lime juice
- 1.5 ounces Agave syrup
Muddle, shake, and pour
Yields 2 servings
Fresh Black and Gold Lemonade
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 6-8 medium lemons, juiced (approx. 2 cups)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 quart of ice
Mix sugar and hot water together to dissolve sugar.
Mix the remaining ingredients and served chilled with blackberries and lemon slices.
Yields 1 gallon
- Corn tortilla chips
- White Cheese sauce (Recipe below)
- Brisket (Smoked or see Slow Cooker Recipe below)
- Pico de Gallo
- Queso Fresco
- Mississipi sport peppers
- Lime wedges
Layer the corn tortillas on the bottom and continue topping with the other ingredients.
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (not fat free)
- 1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
Throw in a slow cooker for approximately 4 hours or until melted.
SLOW COOKER BRISKET