"We were made aware that masks were not required at all times during the parent sponsored event," the district said in a letter.By Chris Hoffman

PLUM, Pa. (KDKA) — The Allegheny County Health Department is requesting that some Plum Borough School District students stay home on Tuesday after attending a weekend dance.

In a letter, the district says at least one Plum Senior High School student tested positive for coronavirus after attending the “Class of 2020 Senior Parent Committee’s Homecoming Dance” hosted by parents on Saturday at Five Pines Barn. All students who were at the dance are asked to stay home from school on Tuesday, the letter says.

READ MORE: Police Investigating Fight At North Versailles Bowling Alley

Parents who didn’t want to come on camera say, “This event should’ve never been allowed to happen. It put our children at risk of exposure. It’s sad the district has to deal with it now when it wasn’t even an event they hosted or sponsored. I just pray that no one else gets it and that all proper measures are taken by the district.”

School nurses are now contacting more than 150 families of students who attended, as well as students at the dance who attend other schools, including from Ohio.

The district is asking event sponsors for a list of attendees.

READ MORE: Live Winter Storm Tracker: Pittsburgh Area Digs Out After Heavy Snowfall Blankets Region

“We were made aware that masks were not required at all times during the parent-sponsored event,” the letter to parents says.

As of right now, the school has been able to identify some people who were in close contact with the student who tested positive, including eight people who were around her most of the time.

Meanwhile, the district said it hopes to get additional guidance from the Allegheny County Health Department for those students who attended the party. It said it’s more than likely the students at the event will have to quarantine for 14 days.

MORE NEWS: Gov. Jim Justice Resumes Briefings, Says COVID-19 Is ‘Tough Stuff’

KDKA has reached out to the venue about the event. As of late Tuesday morning, we have not heard back.