WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (KDKA) – Vic Walczak of the ACLUThe president’s newly hired campaign lawyer Rudy Giuliani made his first court appearance.
Giuliani appeared in federal court in Williamsport, Pa. on behalf of the Trump campaign after several Pennsylvania lawyers dropped their representation.READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Temperatures Cool Off As The Week Progresses
Before Judge Matthew Brann, Giuliani said the Trump campaign’s latest complaint should not be dismissed summarily by the court, as requested by the commonwealth.
Giuliani argued all mail-in ballots from seven democratic counties, including Allegheny County, should be disqualified and not counted.
“Mail-in ballots are exceptionally dangerous…We weren’t allowed to observe absentee ballot counting…There were 1.5 million absentee ballots that Republicans could not see…This is an outrage…They stole an election,” said Giuliani.
RELATED STORIES:READ MORE: Allegheny County Council To Meet To Continue Discussion Of Independent Police Review Board
- Pa. Supreme Court Rejects President Trump’s Claim About Lack Of Access To Philadelphia Vote Count
- Trump Campaign Lawsuit Over Pennsylvania Vote Heads To Federal Court
- Trump Campaign Abandons Parts Of Election Lawsuit Filed In Pennsylvania
- Federal Court In Pa. Rejects Effort To Block Late-Arriving Ballots Postmarked By Election Day
- Law Firm Attempting To Block Biden’s Win In Pennsylvania Leaves Controversial Trump Campaign Case
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Pa. Republicans’ Request To Block Extended Ballots Past Nov. 3
- Pennsylvania AG Josh Shapiro: ‘We’ve Seen Absolutely No Evidence’ Of Voter Fraud
- Erie Postal Worker Admits Making Up Pennsylvania Ballot Tampering Claims, Officials Say
- Trump Campaign Challenges Pennsylvania Votes, Democrats Say No Fraud Is Found
- Threat Of Lawsuits Looms As Pennsylvania’s Vote Count Continues
- Courts Allow Pennsylvania’s Vote Count To Continue
- Judge Tosses Out Trump Campaign Lawsuit Attempting To Stop Vote Count In Pennsylvania
- Rep. Mike Kelly And Others File Lawsuit Against Secretary Of State Kathy Boockvar
- Election Litigation: Can The Lawsuits Surrounding The 2020 Election Slow Down The Outcome?
- Trump Campaign Suing To Temporarily Halt Vote Count In Pennsylvania
Local election officials say that’s nonsense. Poll watchers in Allegheny County were allowed at all times – and Republican watchers usually outnumbered Democrats. And in a late afternoon decision on Tuesday, the state Supreme Court rejected Trump’s objections to Philadelphia’s ballot-counting process.
In federal court, commonwealth attorney Daniel Donovan said the Trump campaign’s complaint should be dismissed, saying, “The canvas objections [about mail-in ballots] were dropped in their amended complaint…They have made no claim of voter fraud…They have no standing to bring this case.”
One of the attorneys in court, Vic Walczak of the ACLU, says the remedy Giuliani wants is to un-count the votes in key Democratic counties to give Trump the win in Pennsylvania.
“The remedy that the Trump campaign wants is to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters who did absolutely nothing wrong,” said Walczak.MORE NEWS: City Of Monessen Holding 2nd City-Wide Cleanup And Recycling Drop Off
Another hearing has been scheduled for Wednesday.