WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP/KDKA) — President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has entered a federal courthouse in Pennsylvania to cheers across the street from several dozen Trump supporters.
The hearing in Williamsport on the Trump campaign’s federal lawsuit seeking to prevent Pennsylvania officials from certifying the vote results is getting underway Tuesday after a judge denied the campaign’s request for a delay.READ MORE: Crews Spend Hours Trying To Gain Control Of Massive Scrapyard Fire On Neville Island
The Trump campaign has abandoned part of its lawsuit in Pennsylvania, but are still seeking to prevent certification of state voting results that give President-elect Joe Biden Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral votes.
Online court records show Giuliani has not entered an appearance in federal court since 1992, the year before he was elected New York City mayor.
Even if Pennsylvania’s election results are overturned, it would not open an avenue to a second term for Trump.READ MORE: Pine-Richland Head Football Coach Eric Kasperowicz And Entire Coaching Staff Will Not Return In Fall
- Trump Campaign Abandons Parts Of Election Lawsuit Filed In Pennsylvania
- Federal Court In Pa. Rejects Effort To Block Late-Arriving Ballots Postmarked By Election Day
- Law Firm Attempting To Block Biden’s Win In Pennsylvania Leaves Controversial Trump Campaign Case
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Pa. Republicans’ Request To Block Extended Ballots Past Nov. 3
- Pennsylvania AG Josh Shapiro: ‘We’ve Seen Absolutely No Evidence’ Of Voter Fraud
- Erie Postal Worker Admits Making Up Pennsylvania Ballot Tampering Claims, Officials Say
- Trump Campaign Challenges Pennsylvania Votes, Democrats Say No Fraud Is Found
- Threat Of Lawsuits Looms As Pennsylvania’s Vote Count Continues
- Courts Allow Pennsylvania’s Vote Count To Continue
- Judge Tosses Out Trump Campaign Lawsuit Attempting To Stop Vote Count In Pennsylvania
- Rep. Mike Kelly And Others File Lawsuit Against Secretary Of State Kathy Boockvar
- Election Litigation: Can The Lawsuits Surrounding The 2020 Election Slow Down The Outcome?
- Trump Campaign Suing To Temporarily Halt Vote Count In Pennsylvania
The lawsuit centers on election procedures that were not uniform across the state.
Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar has asked to have the lawsuit thrown out.MORE NEWS: Johnson & Johnson Vaccine To Remain In Limbo While Officials Seek More Evidence
(TM and © Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)