The infant was taken to Children's and was admitted to the ICU.

EAST DEER, Pa. (AP/KDKA) — An infant remains hospitalized after she overdosed on heroin that she ingested while a woman who was supposed to be caring for her slept, authorities said.

Sara Tate, 32, told authorities that she left her daughter, 12, and sister-in-law, 10, to watch the 9-month-old girl while she took a nap on Tuesday. A short time later, the girls removed a stamp bag from the infant’s mouth and took it to Tate, who confirmed it had heroin in it before she flushed it down a toilet.

READ MORE: West Virginia Governor Jim Justice Tells Bette Midler To Kiss Dog’s ‘Heinie’ - And Shows It

(Photo Credit: Allegheny County)

Someone in the East Deer home called 911 to report an unresponsive infant, and emergency responders gave the baby Narcan, an opioid overdose reversal drug.

READ MORE: City Council Member Says Inspection Standards Must Increase After Pittsburgh Bridge Collapse

The girl was taken to Children’s and was admitted to the intensive care unit. The child remained hospitalized Wednesday in stable condition, and her name has not been released.

Tate was charged with aggravated assault, child endangerment, tampering with evidence and drug possession. A message left late Wednesday afternoon for her attorney was not immediately returned.

MORE NEWS: Frick Park Bridge Collapse: 10 People Injured, 4 Sent To Hospital

(TM and © Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)