By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Eleven Pittsburgh-area licensed liquor establishments were given warnings after police visited to make sure they’re following COVID-19 orders like the temporary indoor dining ban.
Across the state from Friday through Sunday, State Police Liquor Control Enforcement officers visited 799 establishments, issuing 28 notices of violation and 41 warnings.
The unannounced compliance checks make sure businesses are following the coronavirus mitigation efforts, like mask-wearing and the recent three-week pause on indoor dining. Several restaurants have chosen not to close in defiance of the governor’s order.
Police with the Pittsburgh enforcement office visited 130 businesses and issued 11 warnings and no notices of violation.
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Several Restaurants Defy Statewide Restrictions, Stay Open For Indoor Dining
- COVID-19 In Washington County: Angelo’s Restaurant Opening For Indoor Dining In Defiance Of Gov. Wolf’s Orders
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Pa. Restaurant And Lodging Association Calls For Reversal Of Indoor Dining Shutdown
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Gov. Tom Wolf Limits Gatherings, Shuts Down Indoor Dining And Suspends High School Sports For 3 Weeks
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Paints Bleak Picture Of Overwhelmed Hospitals But Avoids Restrictions For Now
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: With New Restrictions Looming, Businesses Say They May Not Survive
Bars and restaurants issued a notice of violation won’t be named since they’re under investigation. Each Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement office releases details on citations at the end of the month.
A notice of violation comes before an administrative citation, police say, and is meant to let establishments know what violations were found. State police say violators may face an administrative citation, and continued violations put an establishment’s liquor license at risk.
If you want to complain about a licensed establishment not following coronavirus mandates, you can call 1-800-932-0602 or submit a complaint online.