GREENSBURG (KDKA) — Victor Steban, the man charged in connection to a double homicide and a list of other crimes is expected to face a judge today in Westmoreland County.
In addition to the double homicide charges, Steban is also charged with setting his own house on fire and is a suspect in several drive-by shootings.
Police say Steban also tried to car-jack two men as officers were closing in on him.
He’s also facing a number of gun-related charges.
- Father Of Jake Erdeljac, Killed In Penn Township Double Homicide, Speaks Out Before Victor Steban’s Preliminary Hearing
- Double Homicide Suspect Victor Steban Facing New Charges For Attempting Carjacking During Massive Manhunt
- Victor Steban Facing Attempted Homicide, Arson Charges In Alleged Westmoreland County Crime Spree
- Police: Victor Steban Charged With Killing Mara Casale And Jacob Erdeljac In Penn Township
- Victor Steban, Captured For Questioning In Westmoreland Co. Double Homicide, Found To Have Lengthy Criminal History
- Jake Erdeljac And Mara Casale, Couple Gunned Down In Westmoreland County Home, Remembered By Friends And Family
As Steban sits behind bars, charged with Jake Erdeljac and Mara Casale’s deaths, the families of both victims are preparing for the hearing today.
Erdeljac’s father, Rob, knows he may not get all of the answers as to why his son was murdered, but he remembers the last phone call he and his son had just hours before Jake was shot and killed.
On the night of May 16th, police say Steban gunned down Jake and Casale at their Claridge home.
Police say they had just returned from a motorcycle ride.
Jake’s father doesn’t have all of the answers, but believes Steban was there to steal his son’s truck, which police said Steban did.
Rob said Jake had no connection with Steban other than an incident where his son bought some rounds of drinks.
While Jake’s father may never know why, he said what hurts the most is his son was living his best life with the woman he loved.
Stay with KDKA for the latest developments from the courtroom and in our later evening newscasts.