ROSS, Pa. (KDKA) – Simon Malls is installing cameras at the Ross Park Mall after police say their investigation into shots fired over the weekend has been difficult without security cameras.
Ross Township Police believe a total of six people were involved in a fight inside the mall near Guest Services. Two teens were arrested and are facing gun-related charges, but police say relying on cell phone video has left them at an investigative disadvantage.READ MORE: Severe Thunderstorm Watch Issued For Pittsburgh Area; High Winds, Potential Hail Expected
Police, along with the Allegheny County DA, have been pleading with Simon Malls to install security cameras since shots rang out Saturday.READ MORE: Consumer Alert Issued For Italian Village Pizza/Shake Shop In Pleasant Hills
In a statement to KDKA Wednesday, the mall calls safety a top priority and says it will be installing security cameras. The mall says it will also be implementing a weapons detection K-9 program “to enhance interior patrols.”
- 2 Teens Facing Gun Charges In Connection With Ross Park Mall Fight
- Two Juveniles In Custody After Gunfire Rings Out At Ross Park Mall Prompting Lockdowns, Police Investigations
- Two Juveniles Arrested, Three Guns Taken From Scene At Ross Park Mall Shooting
- ‘That Wasn’t Something You’d Expect To See:’ Witnesses Recall Fight And Gunfire At Ross Park Mall
- ‘You Don’t Think It’s Going to Happen To You:’ Gunshots Interrupt Busy Shopping Day At Ross Park Mall
The South Hills Village will also be getting security cameras.MORE NEWS: Police: 2 Young Kids Critically Hurt In Quadruple Shooting
Despite the chaos, no one wound up injured in the fight or while racing out of the mall to safety.