By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A big construction project that could create traffic gridlock begins Monday on Route 28.READ MORE: Butler County-Based Company Pleads Guilty To OSHA Violation That Resulted In Worker's Death
The ramp from Route 28 to the Highland Park Bridge, on the northbound side of the road, will be closed for three months.
Weather permitting; it will close at 3 a.m. Monday for 83 days.
Crews will be doing concrete and steel repairs, drainage improvements and painting among other things.
The detour will take drivers through Sharpsburg back to the Highland Park Bridge.READ MORE: UPMC: If You Are Immunocompromised, Get A COVID-19 Booster Shot
Here are PennDOT’s suggested detours:
• From northbound Route 28, take the RD Fleming Bridge/Sharpsburg (Exit 5A) off-ramp
• Continue straight at the stop sign
• Bear right onto North Main Street (Route 1001)
• North Main Street becomes Main Street
• Main Street becomes Freeport Road
• Take the ramp to the Highland Park Bridge
• End detour
• From northbound Route 28, continue past the closed ramp
• Take the Fox Chapel Road/Waterworks Drive/Freeport Road (Exit 8) off-ramp
• Bear left toward Fox Chapel Road
• At the stop sign, turn left onto Fox Chapel Road
• Turn left onto the ramp to southbound Route 28
• From southbound Route 28 take the left-hand off-ramp to South 8/Highland Park Bridge/Aspinwall (Exit 6)
• End detour
Visit 511pa.com for the latest on all road conditions.