***(June 26) PIZZA CHALLENGE HAS ENDED! CONGRATS TO MINEO’S PIZZA HOUSE!***
To re-watch any parts of the competition, visit the segment links on our FAN N’ATION website!Overnight Closure Planned For Pa. Turnpike Between Allegheny Valley And Monroeville Exits
(June 2021) – Mama Mia…It’s Pittsburgh Pizza! In the month of June, we’re going after the best slice in ‘tahn in our first ever Fan N’ation Pizza Challenge 2021!
Round #1 (Aired Sat June 12) – VOTING HAS ENDED FOR ROUND #1
CONGRATS TO VINCENT’S PIZZA PARK AND FIORI’S PIZZARIA FOR ADVANCING TO THE FINAL FOUR SHOWDOWN IN WEEK 1!
Round #2 (Aired Sat June 19) – VOTING HAS ENDED FOR ROUND #1
CONGRATS TO MINEO’S PIZZA HOUSE AND PIZZERIA DAVIDE FOR ADVANCING TO THE FINAL FOUR SHOWDOWN IN WEEK 2!
Check it out HERE!More Than 240 Runners Complete 150-Mile Relay From Pittsburgh To Maryland On Great Allegheny Passage
Round #3: Championship (Aired June 26 – Winner has been chosen)
Our very own KDKA Pizza Club (Rich Walsh, Ken Rice, and Ray Petelin) will be judging the FINAL FOUR in a blind TASTE TEST:
VINCENT’S PIZZA PARK vs FIORI’S PIZZARIA
MINEO’S PIZZA HOUSE vs PIZZERIA DAVIDE
AND OUR WINNER…
CONGRATS TO MINEO’S PIZZA HOUSE IN SQUIRREL HILL!
Re-watch how it went down HERE!
Here’s a rundown of how it will work:
- 8-team, single-elimination (see bracket below)
- 3 rounds / weeks
- Rounds 1 & 2
- 4 pizza shops will be featured on the show in week 1, and then another 4 pizza shops will be featured on the show in week 2
- Pizza will be judged on STYLE (how the dough is tossed/stretched, how pizza is assembled, toppings, nuances, etc.); and PRESENTATION (how the pizza looks coming out of the oven, finishes, and tabletop)
- Each week, the 4 pizzas will be voted on by our Fan N’ation audience via the Fan N’ation Facebook page, resulting in 2 winners per week.
- (NOTE: VOTING EACH WEEK WILL OPEN BE OPEN FROM SATURDAY AT 8 PM (after the show) AND WILL END THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY AT 12 PM)
- The final 4 will then go on to be judged in the championship round in week 3
- Round 3 – Championship
- The final four will be narrowed down to the final two pizzas, judged for TASTE (crust, cheese, sauce, overall impressions) in a blind taste-test by our esteemed KDKA Pizza Club – Rich Walsh, Ken Rice, and Ray Petelin. One Winner will be chosen by the overall scores (crust, cheese, sauce, overall impressions) and announced on our June 26 show.
- Rounds 1 & 2
With this many great contenders, it’s gonna be a toss-up! Will your favorite make the cut?MORE NEWS: Judge Refuses To Seal Records And Proceedings In Custody Case Involving U.S. Senate Candidate Sean Parnell
Check out the mouth-watering mayhem each Saturday at 7:30 PM on KDKA / KDKA.COM / CBSN Pittsburgh App or 11 PM on Pittsburgh’s CW.