LINKS: Home | Tickets | Information | Entertainment
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival – Affordable Fun For Everyone!
Open Six Weekends!
Saturday’s & Sunday’s, plus Labor Day, August 18 – September 23
For our 2018 season, we take you on a magical tour through time and legend. As you wander down the village streets and pathways of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, ready thyself to revel with master revelers, watch artisans create original works of their ancient craft and be taken in by the tantalizing aromas of roast turkey legges, steak on a stake, fresh baked goods and much more.
Featuring a cast of hundreds of authentically costumed merrymakers living and working throughout the village and performing, continuously, upon the Festival’s stages, the illusion of a rollicking 16th Century festival day is created. Impromptu encounters with the royalty and peasantry of Tudor England are commonplace.
You’ll meet all kinds, from jousters to jugglers to minstrels to maidens faire, all schooled in art of interactive theater! Much new entertainment has been summoned by Good King Henry for this glorious season. For six special summer weekends enjoy family fun for children and magical times for adults.
There are many reasons to return to the 2018 Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again as no two Festival days are ever alike, for we offer wondrous themes for each of our festive weekends.
It’s Affordable Fun for Everyone! Visit PittsburghRenFest.com.
Location: 6 miles west of New Stanton, PA. just 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
2018 Dates: : The 2018 festival will be held for six weekends, Saturdays and Sundays plus Labor Day! August 18 through September 23. Weekends are August 18-19, 25-26, September 1,2,3, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23.
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Admission: The gate admission for adults is $20.50 and $10 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
Dress: You are welcome to come dressed in costume and costumes are available for rental. Costume swords and daggers are permitted as long as they are properly sheathed and peace-tied. Present yourself to Safety Services Personnel at the Festival Main Gate.
Parking: FREE parking and shuttle service are available from the parking lot to the Festival entrance.
For tickets & more information: www.pittsburghrenfest.com
HUZZAH AND CHEERS!
NEW PERFORMANCES AND RETURNING FAVORITES INCLUDE:
- SILKS AND SWORDS: Joanna Abel’s Belly Dance Group with a spirit all of their own!
- THE GREAT RONDINI: Making a featured combat, the Escape Artist Extraordinaire
- DRAGONFIRE: Wilsome is back with as daring a fire performer as himself! Extraordinary feats of fire manipulation from two skilled artists!
- RETURNING FAVORITES THE COMBAT JOUST: Brave Knights battle three times a day – don’t miss the excitement, come cheer for your favorite knight!
- CAST IN BRONZE: Experience the magical music of “The Carillon Bells”!
- THE CRAIC SHOW: Medieval World Music!
- THE ANGELS: Heroines in Disguise! Heavenly beautiful, devilishly dangerous, righteously brave, and wickedly clever! A Renaissance variety act!
- THE PLUNDER DOGGS: Rollicking tunes and rousing music!
- WASHING WELL WENCHES: Wacky, wonderful, wildly funny washer women!
- THE CRIMSON PIRATES! An exciting group with a focus on Irish, Maritime, and Pirate Music! Also performing their Greatest Pirate Story Never Told! An Audience favorite!
- MUSIC THE GATHERING: A band of musicians who use songs and the help of the audience to tell an epic, musical story of fantasy and adventure!
- LADY AMYELIA THE HYPNOTIST: A classy & sassy romp through your inner mind!
- THE GERMAN BROTHERS: Outrageously amusing “German Rap Stars!”
- THE DUELISTS: Matching Wit and Witticism with Combat and Comedy. Sword fighting action delivered with attitude and charm!
- ISABELLA, CURSED IN STONE: The Living Statue delights patrons will her subtle movements of beauty and grace! Watch her carefully!
Reasons To Keep Coming Back
There are many reasons to return to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again, as no two Festival days are ever alike. The festival offers “wondrous” themes for each of their festive weekends. See below for a list of their weekend events:
AUGUST 18 & 19 – OPENING WEEKEND
“A Magical Adventure!”
An Adventure to the Past Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Anne’s arrival at the castle. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites. Take advantage of the “Buy One, Get One Free” offer this weekend only available at Wendy’s Restaurants!
AUGUST 25 & 26 – CELTIC FLING
Men In Kilts Listen to the traditional sounds of Celtic musicians, Scottish pipe bands and balladeers throughout the Realm. Sing along with our Irish Troubadour as he performs popular ballads. Irish dances will also be featured this weekend. Get ready to don ye kilts for the Men in Kilts Contest.
SEPTEMBER 1, 2 & 3 – CHILDREN’S WEEKEND – Labor Day
Prince, Princess & Pirate Party and Union Member Appreciation Weekend Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children ages 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest, the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Also, be sure to enjoy medieval rides and games of skill! This weekend only is our Union Member Appreciation! All members of a Union receive a Buy-OneGet-One-Free Adult Ticket with valid identification. Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 8 & 19 – WINE REVELRY
“The discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star” ~Leonardo Da Vinci. For this weekend dedicated to “The Nectar of the Gods” we intend to use it very well, indeed! Participate in the legendary Grape Stomp Competitions for prizes, as well as Free Sampling of some of the finest vintages from local Pennsylvania wineries.
SEPTEMBER 15 & 16 – PIRATE INVASION
Military Appreciation Weekend!
Argh Matey Military Appreciation Weekend Pirates have invaded the festival! Enjoy a weekend of rousing good tales and tunes of highseas adventures, swash-buckling sword fights and a jolly good time! “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!” This weekend only is our Military Appreciation Weekend! All military personnel receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with Military I.D. plus their children, ages 12 and under, enter the realm free! Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 22 & 23 – OKTOBERFEST: A FINAL HUZZAH
A Final Huzzah “Willkommen” (a Hearty Welcome), as you join your Village Hosts, King Henry and Queen Anne, in an Oktoberfest Celebration and a Farewell to the Festival Season. Tantalize your taste buds with Traditional German Favorites such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, and Pretzels! German Music, Lederhosen and Tavern Wenches will delight one and all with a fun-filled taste of Bavaria! Come Eat, Drink, and Make Merry with us at the Castle!
For further information regarding our Special Themed Weekends call Lori Hughes at (724)-872-1670