LINKS: Home | Tickets | Information | Entertainment
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival – Affordable Fun For Everyone!
Open Six Weekends!
Saturday’s & Sunday’s, plus Labor Day, August 17 – September 22
For our 2019 season, we take you on a magical tour through time and legend. As you wander down the village streets and pathways of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, ready thyself to revel with master revelers, watch artisans create original works of their ancient craft and be taken in by the tantalizing aromas of roast turkey legs, steak on a stake, fresh baked goods and much more.
Featuring a cast of hundreds of authentically costumed merrymakers living and working throughout the village and performing, continuously, upon the Festival’s stages, the illusion of a rollicking 16th Century festival day is created. Impromptu encounters with the royalty and peasantry of Tudor England are commonplace.
You’ll meet all kinds, from jousters to jugglers to minstrels to maidens faire, all schooled in art of interactive theater! Much new entertainment has been summoned by Good King Henry for this glorious season. For six special summer weekends enjoy family fun for children and magical times for adults.
There are many reasons to return to the 2019 Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again as no two Festival days are ever alike, for we offer wondrous themes for each of our festive weekends.
Food, Fun, Arts and Entertainment Excitement, Adventure, Fantasy.
It’s Affordable Fun for Everyone! Visit PittsburghRenFest.com.
Location: 6 miles west of New Stanton, PA. just 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
2019 Dates: The 2019 festival will be held for six weekends, Saturdays and Sundays plus Labor Day! August 17 through September 22. Weekends are August 17-18, 24-25, 31 September 1-2, 7-8, 14-15, 21-22
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Admission: The gate admission for adults is $23 and $11 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
Dress: You are welcome to come dressed in costume and costumes are available for rental. Costume swords and daggers are permitted as long as they are properly sheathed and peace-tied. Present yourself to Safety Services Personnel at the Festival Main Gate.
Parking: FREE parking and shuttle service are available from the parking lot to the Festival entrance.
For tickets & more information: www.pittsburghrenfest.com
HUZZAH AND CHEERS!
NEW PERFORMANCES AND RETURNING FAVORITES INCLUDE:
- NEW! Squire of Wire– This hilarious show for adults (and kids) features original comedy, outrageous stunts, fire and knives, and the world’s only over the audience kilted tight wire walker.
- The Vodca Family– Joining our stages again at our Festival is the talented music and dance group, the Vodca Family! Specializing in many forms of original dance, music, comedy and improvisation, this group is sure to delight audiences!
- Joust : The Knights of Noble Cause Productions- Come experience the thrill of Chivalrous Knights and Brave Steeds engaging daily in 3 Exciting Jousting Competitions! Featuring the Finest in Equestrian Skills and Combat Jousting, these Noble Knights prove that “Chivalry Lives!”, and Heroes walk among us.
- Washing Well Wenches- “Wet Dirty Women, Good Clean Fun!” These two Wacky Wenches prove that a Good Scrubbing and lots of Belly Laughs are good for the soul! Whinny and Izzy provide Rollicking Laughter, Hysterical Comedy and of course, Clean Clothes! Doing laundry has never been so much Fun!
- Cast In Bronze- Be enchanted by the Magical, Musical Experience of The Carillon! This Rare Medieval Instrument, made entirely of 4 Tons of Bells, each unique in design and note, will stir your soul with the haunting beauty of passionate music. Come listen for the experience of a lifetime!
- The Duelists- A dazzling display of sword-fighting brilliance! It’s comedy, wit, insult, and innuendo wrapped up into one entertaining show!
- The CRAIC Show- is an intense & wildly entertaining act, made up of four international travelers who, in 1541, were banded together on an ancient battlefield.
- German Brothers- Outrageously amusing “German Rap Stars”!
- The Donegal Doggs- Rollicking tunes & drinkin’ songs! Formally Plunder Doggs!
- Silks and Swords!- Joanna Abel’s Belly Dance Group with a spirit all their own.
- The Angels: Heroines in Disguise- Heavenly beautiful, devilishly dangerous, righteously brave, and wickedly clever heroines in disguise! A Renaissance variety act!
- Music the Gathering- An original, interactive, and energetic folk music show inspired by scenario and strategy games.
- The Greatest Pirate Story Never Told!- Members of the Crimson Pirates perform in this fun, audience-interactive stage show! Join this crew of singing, dancing swashbucklers as they attempt to perform the greatest pirate epic ever seen on stage!
- Lady Amyelia the Hypnotist!- A classy & sassy romp through your inner mind!
- The Lady Victoria!- Victoria Van Arnam performs Celtic tunes on the Hammered Dulcimer. Come enjoy hearing the history of the Hammered Dulcimer and watching modern wonders worked on an ancient instrument. Soothing songs and jaunty jigs wafting through the air, lets you know Lady Victoria is there.
- Dragonfire- Wilsome is back with a partner in fire! Extraordinary and daring feats of fire manipulation!
- Chaste Treasure- This delightful a cappella group of beautiful ladies perform tight harmonies and rich tunes that is sure to pleasure any audience!
- Temujin the Storyteller- Master Storyteller & Weaver of Words! Temujin Ekunfeo delights patrons of all ages with his humorous and brilliant stories!
Reasons To Keep Coming Back
There are many reasons to return to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again, as no two Festival days are ever alike. The festival offers “wondrous” themes for each of their festive weekends. See below for a list of their weekend events:
AUGUST 17 & 18 – OPENING WEEKEND
“An Adventure to the Past!”
Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Anne’s arrival at the castle. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites!
AUGUST 31, Sept. 1 & 2 – Prince, Princess & Pirate Party
Union Member Appreciation Weekend
Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children ages 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult admission ticket. Just be sure to pick up the child’s ticket from the festival box office. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest at 2:30 at the Greek Stage. Also, there is the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Be sure to enjoy medieval rides and games of skill!
This weekend only is our Union Member Appreciation weekend! All members of a Union receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with valid identification. Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 7 & 8 – WINE REVELRY
“The Discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star” ~Leonardo Da Vinci. For this weekend dedicated to “The Nectar of the Gods” we intend to use it very well, indeed! Participate in the legendary Grape Stomp Competitions for prizes at 2:30 at the Greek Stage, as well as Free Sampling of some of the finest vintages from local Pennsylvania wineries.
SEPTEMBER 14 & 15 – PIRATE INVASION
Military Appreciation Weekend!
Argh Matey! Pirates have invaded the festival! Enjoy a weekend of rousing good tales and tunes of high-seas adventures, swash-buckling sword fights and a jolly good time! NEW TIME AND LOCATION: A Mr Caribbean Pirate Contest will take place at the Washing Well Wenches Stage at 4:00. Pirate Treasure Hunt will also take place! Meet at the Front Gate at 12:30! “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!”
Also, this weekend only is our Military Appreciation weekend! All military personnel receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with Military I.D. plus their children, ages 12 and under, enter the realm free! Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 21 & 22 – OKTOBERFEST: A FINAL HUZZAH
“Willkommen”(a Hearty Welcome), as you join your Village Hosts King Henry and Queen Anne in an Oktoberfest Celebration and a Farewell to the Festival Season. Tantalize your taste buds with Traditional German Favorites such as Bratwurst and Pretzels! Stein Lugging Contest will take place at the Joust Field at 3:30! German Music, Dancing, Lederhosen and Tavern Wenches will delight one and all with a fun-filled taste of Bavaria. Come Eat, Drink, and Make Merry with us at the Castle!
For further information call (724)-872-1670 OR VISIT www.pittsburghrenfest.com