LINKS: Home | Tickets | Information | Entertainment
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival – Affordable Fun For Everyone!
Open Six Weekends!
Saturday’s & Sunday’s, plus Labor Day, August 19 – September 24
For our 2017 season, we take you on a magical tour through time and legend. As you wander down the village streets and pathways of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, ready thyself to revel with master revelers, watch artisans create original works of their ancient craft and be taken in by the tantalizing aromas of roast turkey legges, steak on a stake, fresh baked goods and much more.
Featuring a cast of hundreds of authentically costumed merrymakers living and working throughout the village and performing, continuously, upon the Festival’s stages, the illusion of a rollicking 16th Century festival day is created. Impromptu encounters with the royalty and peasantry of Tudor England are commonplace.
You’ll meet all kinds, from jousters to jugglers to minstrels to maidens faire, all schooled in art of interactive theater! Much new entertainment has been summoned by Good King Henry for this glorious season. For six special summer weekends enjoy family fun for children and magical times for adults.
There are many reasons to return to the 2017 Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again as no two Festival days are ever alike, for we offer wondrous themes for each of our festive weekends.
It’s Affordable Fun for Everyone! Visit PittsburghRenFest.com.
Location: 6 miles west of New Stanton, PA. just 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
2016 Dates: The 2017 festival will be held for six weekends, Saturdays and Sundays plus Labor Day! August 19 through September 24. Weekends are August 19-20, 26-27, September 2-3-4, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Admission: The gate admission for adults is $21 and $10 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
Parking: FREE parking and shuttle service are available from the parking lot to the Festival entrance.
For tickets & more information: www.pittsburghrenfest.com
HUZZAH AND CHEERS!
NEW PERFORMANCES AND RETURNING FAVORITES INCLUDE:
- The CRAIC Show: An intense & wildly entertaining act, made up of four international travelers who, in 1541, were banded together on an ancient battlefield. This unique merging of music from faraway lands brings a sound that is unlike any other. Watching the group switch and interchange instruments throughout the show is something to see, songs are often started on bagpipes and ended with the entire group on percussions. Ever-changing and constantly blending styles, The CRAIC Show is always bringing a fresh, high energy blend of World Medieval Music.
- NEW! Lady Amyelia the Hypnotist! A classy & sassy romp through your inner mind! Where you and your friends become the stars of the show and nothing is scripted!
- NEW! The Lady Victoria! Victoria Van Arnam performs Celtic tunes on the Hammered Dulcimer. Come enjoy hearing the history of the Hammered Dulcimer and watching modern wonders worked on an ancient instrument. Soothing songs and jaunty jigs wafting through the air, lets you know Lady Victoria is there.
- NEW! Fool Hearty! Marquise and Ima Nutte are a couple of professional fools! They are joy-bringers, bell-ringers, smile-inspiring, lovers of life!! Patrons will love them!
- NEW! The Nightingale! A magical duo enchant patrons with their ethereal vocals and talent with the guitar! Be sure to watch them playing in the lanes of the village this season!
- NEW! The Greatest Pirate Story Never Told! Members of the Crimson Pirates perform in this fun, audience-interactive stage show! Join this crew of singing, dancing swashbucklers as they attempt to perform the greatest pirate epic ever seen on stage! There’s just one problem: a script missing all the essential plot points! Help them fill in the blanks and laugh out loud as they improvise a madcap, mad-libbed, musical adventure based on YOUR suggestions!
- Joust: The Knights of Noble Cause Productions: Come experience the thrill of Chivalrous Knights and Brave Steeds engaging daily in 3 Exciting Jousting Competitions! Featuring the Finest in Equestrian Skills and Combat Jousting, these Noble Knights prove that “Chivalry Lives!”, and Heroes walk among us.
- Washing Well Wenches:“Wet Dirty Women, Good Clean Fun!” These two Wacky Wenches prove that a Good Scrubbing and lots of Belly Laughs are good for the soul! Whinny and Izzy provide Rollicking Laughter, Hysterical Comedy and of course, Clean Clothes! Doing laundry has never been so much Fun!
- Cast In Bronze: Be enchanted by the Magical, Musical Experience of The Carillon! This Rare Medieval Instrument, made entirely of 4 Tons of Bells, each unique in design and note, will stir your soul with the haunting beauty of passionate music. Unlike Anything you have ever heard or experienced before, the “Spirit” of the music is portrayed by Frank DellaPenna, a Nationally Recognized Performer unrivaled in his ability to create “Musical Magic”. Come listen for the experience of a lifetime!
- The Duelists: A dazzling display of sword-fighting brilliance! It’s comedy, wit, insult, and innuendo wrapped up into one entertaining show!
- German Brothers: Outrageously amusing “German Rap Stars”!
- The Plunder Doggs: Rollicking tunes & drinkin’ songs!
- The Angels: Heroines in Disguise: Heavenly beautiful, devilishly dangerous, righteously brave, and wickedly clever heroines in disguise! A Renaissance variety act!
- Juniper the Fairy: Gentle-Spirited and Delightful, Juniper the Fairy brings back childhood dreams of magic, and bubbles! She will invite you to dance, to smile, to laugh, and most of all, to have fun! Juniper will touch your heart with her graceful and wonderful presence!
- Wilsome: Extraordinary and daring feats of fire manipulation!
- Mukti nartakI: Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Group with a spirit all their own.
- Chaste Treasure: This delightful a cappella group of beautiful ladies perform tight harmonies and rich tunes that is sure to pleasure any audience!
- The King’s Piper Extraordinaire: Sean Regan, the King’s Piper, begins the third generation in a family of pipers. Considered one of the most experienced pipers and instructors on the East Coast!
- Temujin the Storyteller: Master Storyteller & Weaver of Words! Temujin Ekunfeo delights patrons of all ages with his humorous and brilliant stories!
- The Pirates Pub: Singing, dancing and plenty of grub and ale.
Reasons To Keep Coming Back
There are many reasons to return to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again, as no two Festival days are ever alike. The festival offers “wondrous” themes for each of their festive weekends. See below for a list of their weekend events:
AUGUST 19 & 20 – OPENING WEEKEND
“A Magical Adventure!”
Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Anne’s arrival at the castle. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites. Take advantage of the “Buy-One-Get-One Free” offer this weekend only, available at participating Wendy’s Restaurants!
AUGUST 26 & 27 – CELTIC FLING
Listen to the traditional sounds of Celtic musicians, Scottish pipe bands and madrigal singers throughout the Realm. Sing along with our Irish Troubadour as he performs popular ballads. Irish dancers and Bag Pipers will also be featured this weekend. Get ready to don ye kilts for the Men in Kilts Contest.
SEPTEMBER 2, 3 & 4 – CHILDREN’S WEEKEND
Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children ages 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest, the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Also, be sure to enjoy medieval rides and games of skill! This weekend only is our Union Member Appreciation! All members of a Union receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with valid identification. Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 9 & 10 – WINE REVELRY
“The Discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star” ~Leonardo Da Vinci. For this weekend dedicated to “The Nectar of the Gods” we intend to use it very well, indeed! Participate in the legendary Grape Stomp Competitions for prizes, as well as Free Sampling of some of the finest vintages from local Pennsylvania wineries.
SEPTEMBER 16 & 17 – PIRATE INVASION
Military Appreciation Weekend!
Argh Matey! Pirates have invaded the festival! Enjoy a weekend of rousing good tales and tunes of high-seas adventures, swash-buckling sword fights and a jolly good time! “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!”
Also, this weekend is our Military Appreciation! All military personnel receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with Military I.D. plus their children, ages 12 and under, enter the realm free! Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
SEPTEMBER 23 & 24 – OKTOBERFEST: A FINAL HUZZAH
“Willkommen”(a Hearty Welcome), as you join your Village Hosts King Henry and Queen Anne in an Oktoberfest Celebration and a Farewell to the Festival Season. Tantalize your taste buds with Traditional German Favorites such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, and Chocolates! German Music, Dancing, Lederhosen and Tavern Wenches will delight one and all with a fun-filled taste of Bavaria. Come Eat, Drink, and Make Merry with us at the Castle!
For further information regarding our Special Themed Weekends call Lori Hughes at (724)-872-1670