There are few things better than sharing a pizza with friends over a great football game; but Rania Harris’ recipe for buffalo-style chicken pizza puts a tasty twist on an old favorite.
In this week’s Heinz Red Zone recipe, your game-day party is sure to be a big hit!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Buffalo-Style Chicken Pizza
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 chopped Vidalia onion
1 1/2 pounds Ground chicken breast
2 cups Heinz® Hot and Spicy Flavored Tomato Ketchup
2 10-inch pizza crusts
3 cups Crumbled bleu cheese
1 bunch Chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a nonstick sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil and add the onion, sautéing until it turns a light golden brown.
3. Add the ground chicken and cook until the chicken begins to brown. Add in the ketchup and cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
4. Place each of the pizza crusts on two pizza screens and top each with half of the Buffalo chicken mixture. Evenly top each pizza with half of the bleu cheese. Bake for 12 – 15 minute or until the cheese is melted and begins to bubble.
5. As soon as the pizzas are out of the oven, garnish with the chopped scallions and serve immediately.
Makes: 16 slices