FAYETTE COUNTY (KDKA) — Two families are homeless after fire swept through mobile homes in Fayette County.

Officials say the fire started in the laundry room and grew into an inferno in a matter of minutes.

Two homes were destroyed.

Everyone was able to get out safely, but at least seven people lost everything.

“I flicked it back on and that’s when the dryer caught fire,” said William Leighty III, one of the fire victims. “I turned the breaker off, but the fire had already started through the wall.”

The Red Cross is assisting the families.

More News from Fayette County

Watch & Listen LIVE