PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next tailgating party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Ginger-Glazed Beef Kabobs in the Heinz Red Zone!READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Storm Chances Simmer Down, Chances Of Rain Remain
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone” recipe:
- 1 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed sirloin or other tender grilling steak – cubed
- 1 small red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 small green pepper cut into chunks
- 12 button mushroom caps
- 2 very thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- 6 skewers
Blend the Heinz Tomato Ketchup, sherry, honey, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and soy sauce until well combined.READ MORE: Seneca Valley School Board Votes To Remove Mascot, Native American Imagery
Preheat the grill to medium-high and grease lightly.
Thread the cubed steak, alternating with vegetables, onto 6 skewers.
Grill, turning kabobs every few minutes, for 10 to 12 minutes until meat is cooked to medium-rare.
During last couple minutes of grilling, baste with sauce. Remove from grill onto a serving platter.
Sprinkle with green onions and use remaining sauce for dipping.MORE NEWS: 'American Duchess' Riverboat Docks Along Pittsburgh's North Shore