PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Add a little kick to your next tailgate party with this great recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Slow Cooker Chili in the Heinz Red Zone!READ MORE: Driver Entrapped In Dump Truck Rollover Crash In Collier Township
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Slow Cooker ChiliREAD MORE: COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Nearly 70 Inmates And Staff At Allegheny County Jail Infected
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 – 16 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1 – 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 8 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 – 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Heinz® Jalapeño Ketchup
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (less if you don’t like a spicy chili)
- 2 teaspoons salt
In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain well before adding into the slow cooker.
Combine the ground beef, beans, both cans of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Heinz® Jalapeño Ketchup, onions, green bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 4 – 5 hours.
Serve with cornbread, cheddar cheese and sour cream along with chopped green chiles as an optional garnish.MORE NEWS: 'We've Been Trying To Reach You:' Robocalls Soar During Pandemic, How To Avoid Them
Serves: 8 – 10