PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Add a little kick to your next tailgate party with this great recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Slow Cooker Chili in the Heinz Red Zone!READ MORE: Teenager Killed In Late-Night Brookline Shooting
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Slow Cooker ChiliREAD MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Storm Chances Simmer Down, Chances Of Rain Remain
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 – 16 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1 – 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 8 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 – 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Heinz® Jalapeño Ketchup
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (less if you don’t like a spicy chili)
- 2 teaspoons salt
In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain well before adding into the slow cooker.
Combine the ground beef, beans, both cans of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Heinz® Jalapeño Ketchup, onions, green bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 4 – 5 hours.
Serve with cornbread, cheddar cheese and sour cream along with chopped green chiles as an optional garnish.MORE NEWS: Seneca Valley School Board Votes To Remove Mascot, Native American Imagery
Serves: 8 – 10