PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Paul Bessire, better known by the name of his simulation program, “The Prediction Machine,” joined The Fan Morning Show in his regular weekly spot on Thursday to offer up the machine’s picks for this weekend’s divisional round games, as well as its predictions for the rest of the NFL playoffs.
You can find more from Bessire at PredictionMachine.com.READ MORE: Mayor Gainey Vows To Have 'Streets Clear By Tonight'
Here are some of the machine’s insights that he shared:
- Has Seahawks -8 against the Saints as its strongest opinion in favor of a home team so far this postseason; has the Seahawks winning outright 77 percent of the time and winning by 11 points on average.
- Likes the 49ers winning at the Panthers and covering because it expects a three-point win, and the spread ranges from one point to a pick ’em.
- Expects the Colts to cover; Bessire’s research on the Patriots suggests that they’re overrated.
- Sees the Chargers staying within single digits of the Broncos, which would be enough to cover.
- Suggests that Johnny Manziel won’t be in the same class as the quarterbacks that have come out of the draft in recent years and had success.
- Still has the Seahawks and Broncos as the prohibitive Super Bowl favorites.
Bessire joins The Fan Morning Show every Thursday at 9:20 a.m.MORE NEWS: PHOTO GALLERY: Winter Storm System Moves Into Pittsburgh Area
The interview can be heard here:
[cbs-audio url=”http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909642/2014/01/prediction-machine-1-9-14.mp3″ size=”normal” download=”false” name=”Paul Bessire 1-9″ artist=”The Fan Morning Show”