It’s Valentine’s Day! So, what better way to celebrate than with this romantic recipe by Big Burrito chef Bill Fuller?
Creamy Breakfast Polenta
- 6 cups half and half
- 1 cup stone-ground polenta
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- dried fruit
1. Heat the half and half in a medium pot to boiling.
2. Add the polenta in a stream, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated.
3. Turn the heat to very low and cook until all of the polenta is tender — with stone-ground polenta, the size of the grain will vary, and larger pieces will take longer to cook than small ones. The cooking time should be 45-60 minutes; stir frequently endlessly with a wooden spoon.
4. Stir in butter, sugar and cinnamon. Top with syrup and fruit.