PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Firefighters were called to Market Square Saturday after a fire broke out at a restaurant.

The fire started before noon at the Winghart’s restaurant.

READ MORE: Families Of Dayton Mass Shooting Victims Sue Maker Of 100-Round Magazine Used By Gunman

“We believe the it was a heat build up in the hood system,” said Robert Belue with Winghart’s.

Belue said the restaurant is waiting to hear from fire officials what the official cause was, but that it could have been caused by either the pizza oven or another cooking surface.

READ MORE: Gov. Tom Wolf Says New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Should Resign Following Sexual Harassment Report

“We’re not sure which one the fire,” he added.

Officials say there was about $50,000 worth of smoke damage done to the restaurant.

Stay with KDKA for more information.

MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Bureau Of EMS Swears In New EMTs, Paramedics

You May Also Be Interested In These Latest News Stories
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]
Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter