Not sure what to cook for dinner? Try Chef Anthony Marino’s Matambre Flank Steak!
Matambre Flank SteakREAD MORE: Gateway Athletic Director, Football Coach Don Holl Asks Coaches Not To Apply For Pine-Richland Job
- 1 flank butterflied and pounded out into two flat pieces for the stuffing
- 4 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4oz diced white onion
- 1/2 french baguette diced
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 6oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 6oz baby spinach
- 3oz fresh mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
1. Saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. next add mushrooms and bread toast stirring constantly 3 minutes next add the tomatoes with the juice. Finally fold in spinach. Tighten with 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Season and let cool.
Next fill flank steak and place fresh mozzarella in the center and roll tightly.READ MORE: Penguins, Sabres Team Up To Host NHL's First Joint Pride Game
2. Skewer the flank and tie it with twine.
3. Slice into portions and grill to a medium rare.
4. Meanwhile make your polenta by taking 2 cups cornmeal 1 tablespoon salt into 4 cups boiling salted water.
5. Chef note: this can be done a day ahead to be rolled in saran and formed.MORE NEWS: Minority-Led Businesses Take Biggest Hit Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
6. Take four thick slices and pan sear them until warm on each side serve them along side the flank with a creamy red sauce and your meal is served.