Not sure what to cook for dinner? Try Chef Anthony Marino’s Matambre Flank Steak!
Matambre Flank Steak
- 1 flank butterflied and pounded out into two flat pieces for the stuffing
- 4 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4oz diced white onion
- 1/2 french baguette diced
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 6oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 6oz baby spinach
- 3oz fresh mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
1. Saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. next add mushrooms and bread toast stirring constantly 3 minutes next add the tomatoes with the juice. Finally fold in spinach. Tighten with 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Season and let cool.
Next fill flank steak and place fresh mozzarella in the center and roll tightly.
2. Skewer the flank and tie it with twine.
3. Slice into portions and grill to a medium rare.
4. Meanwhile make your polenta by taking 2 cups cornmeal 1 tablespoon salt into 4 cups boiling salted water.
5. Chef note: this can be done a day ahead to be rolled in saran and formed.
6. Take four thick slices and pan sear them until warm on each side serve them along side the flank with a creamy red sauce and your meal is served.