HARRISON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Police are investigating after two people were found dead in a Harrison Township home.

A man and woman were found inside the home located on Kuntz Street.

It’s suspected they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Family members tell KDKA that the man inside the house was 57-year-old Franklin Nicolazzo. The woman has not been identified.

Nicolazzo’s mother collapsed at the scene after realizing that her son had died.

Nicolazzo’s body and the woman’s were found by his sister when she went to check on him.

“And I said them, ‘Oh my God, my brother’s dead, my brother’s dead,'” said Cindy Nicolazzo.

Cindy checked on him after she hadn’t heard from her brother in a few days.

“I heard the dog barking and I kicked the door open and I found him laying in there and I start screaming,” she said.

For Frank’s aging parents, the pain was enormous. He’s the second son they’ll have to bury.

It’s something the father says parents should never have to do.

“Hate to see your kids die before you,” said Mike Nicolazzo.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter