Do you have any old electronics or chemicals laying around that you don’t know how to get rid of?
Now you’re in luck, the Pennsylvania Resources Council is offering collection events throughout the year.
You can get rid of old electronics, computers and cell phones beginning April 11. The first collection is at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills parking lot.
Others will be held through October:
- April 25 (Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Allegheny County)
- May 9 (Washington Mall, Washington County)
- August 22 (Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin)
- August 29 (Heinz Field, Allegheny County)
- October 3 (The Mall at Robinson, Allegheny County)
The first chemical collection will be on May 2 at North Park swimming pool.
Other chemical collections will be held on:
- May 16 (Concurrent Technologies Corporation ETF Facility, Cambria County)
- July 18 (Washington Mall, Washington County)
- August 15 (Boyce Park, Allegheny County)
- September 12 (South Park, Allegheny County)
- October 10 (Bradys Run Park, Beaver County)
You can drop off automotive fluids, cleaners and paints for $3 a gallon.
And on June 13, bring your old items that can be re-used to UPMC Passavant Hospital.
You can drop off things like building materials, clothes and furniture.
For more information, visit the PRC’s website here: http://prc.org/2015-collection-events/