VERMILION, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say a 15-year-old Ohio boy has been electrocuted while apparently attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.
The Sandusky Register reports that Erie County sheriff’s officials say authorities were called to the boy’s home in Vermilion Township at about 6 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency crews administered treatment and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.READ MORE: Duquesne Police Searching For Missing 14-Year-Old Douglass-Craig Brown
Erie County deputies say the boy apparently was trying to perform an experiment called Jacob’s Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.
Authorities say he saw the experiment on YouTube and tried it in his garage while his family was at home.READ MORE: Pennsylvania Judge Begins Review To Pick New Congressional District Maps
The teen was a student at Vermilion High School.Former Pirate Gene Clines, World Series Winner And Member Of All-Minority Lineup, Dies
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)