PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Cleveland Browns player will be joining the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Steelers announced Saturday afternoon that the Browns had traded cornerback Justin Gilbert in exchange for a 2018 sixth-round pick. Gilbert will wear number 24.
The Steelers released the following players:
- wide receivers Demarcus Ayers, Cobi Hamilton and Marcus Tucker
- running backs Brandon Brown-Dukes and Cameron Stingily
- offensive linemen Shahbaz Ahmed, Antoine Everett, Matt Feiler and Wade Hansen
- defensive linemen Lavon Hooks, Caushaud Lyons and Johnny Maxey
- cornerbacks Montell Garner, Doran Grant, Al-Hajj Shabazz and Donald Washington
- linebackers Travis Feeney, Steven Johnson and Jermauria Rasco
- quarterback Bryn Renner
- safety Ray Vinopal
The Steelers also waived/injured tight end Paul Lang, and running back Le’Veon Bell will be placed on the reserve/suspended by commissioner list at 4 p.m.
Their roster is now down to 53 players prior to the NFL deadline Saturday at 4 p.m.
The first regular season game will take place Monday, Sept. 12 at 7:10 p.m. when the Steelers take on the Washington Redskins.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details