PITTSBURGH (AP/KDKA) – A Pennsylvania man accused of not calling 911 when the mother of his toddler son sent him videos of the boy’s lifeless body during hours’ worth of angry text messages is headed to trial on child endangerment charges.

Twenty-four-year-old Andre Price Jr. waived a preliminary hearing Monday. His attorney says that Price is still mourning his son Andre III’s death and that Price was a doting father who didn’t take action because the woman had made similar, but empty, threats in the past.

READ MORE: Pa. Nursing Loan Forgiveness Program's Popularity Outstrips Available Funding

“I don’t know that my client is guilty of endangering the welfare of a child. This is a doting father that is still grieving the loss of his namesake,” Jimmy Sheets said. ‘The relationship between Ms. Clark and Mr. Price I would describe as tumultuous, there is no relationship currently.”

Allegheny County police say the McKeesport man didn’t alert authorities even after 21-year-old Christian Clark sent him videos of his son’s limp body.

READ MORE: Pennsylvania Rolls Out ‘Strike Team’ To Ease Hospital Crunch

Clark is jailed on charges she smothered the boy and tried to kill their 2-year-old daughter.

She waived her preliminary hearing last month and awaiting trial.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Mayor Ed Gainey Makes Good On Bet With Kansas City Mayor

(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)