Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Several people were checked out by medics after inhaling gas fumes at the Carnegie Library on Friday afternoon.

READ MORE: Take Action Mon Valley Demands Answers After 2 Incidents Involving Police Officers In Homestead

It happened around 3:45 p.m. at the Carnegie Library on Smithfield Street.

Nearby construction crews had been using a propane tank and did not shut it off all the way.

READ MORE: Haiti Gang That Kidnapped U.S. Missionaries Seeks $1 Million Ransom Per Person

Pittsburgh Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler confirmed that at least ten people were evaluated. No one had to be sent to the hospital.

After crews discovered the source of the fumes, they shut the tank off. Toler says everything was back to normal around 5 p.m.

MORE NEWS: Pitt Faculty Members Vote To Unionize, Forming One Of The Largest New Unions In U.S.

The library closed for the day after the incident.