Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

PENN HILLS, Pa. (KDKA) – An elderly couple was confirmed dead by the fire marshal after a house fire on Beulah Road in Penn Hills on Saturday.

Photo Credit: Tim Lawson/KDKA

Emergency personnel responded to the kitchen fire in the home around 10 a.m. on Saturday, Penn Hills Fire Marshal Chuck Miller said

The victims were 95-year-old Marianne Frost and 96-year-old Leslie Frost. Miller said they were overcome by the smoke during the the blaze that started while they were cooking.

Photo Credit: Tim Lawson/KDKA