PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — This week, Chef Bill Fuller, of the big Burrito Group, is in the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen making a recipe to use up that leftover Easter ham!READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Sunny Skies Following Overnight Storms
Leftover Easter Ham Salad Sandwiches
- 3 C. Diced ham
- 2 ea. Peeled hardboiled eggs
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- ½ C. Finely diced celery
- 2-3 Tbs. Minced chives
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- A couple of dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 2-3 Tbs. Chopped fresh dill- optional
- Thinly sliced seedless cucumbers
- King’s Hawaiian Buns
- Gruyere cheese – If you want to make hot sandwiches
- Crackers – if you want to make Hors d’Oeuvres
Directions:READ MORE: Secretary Of State Antony Blinken To Make Pittsburgh Visit
1. Run eggs and ham through the food grinder.
2. Mix in mayonnaise, celery, chives, and Dijon.
3. Taste and adjust with your favorite hot sauce.
4. For Cold Sandwiches – spread on soft buns with slices of cucumber and fresh dill.
5. For Warm Sandwiches – spread on buns and top with grated cheese. Close buns and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
6. For Hors d’Oeuvres – spread on crackers. Garnish with dill.
Bill and Jake’s Mango-Habanero Hot Sauce
- ½ C. Carrot, sliced thinly
- 4-6 ea. Habaneros, cut in half
- ½ C. White vinegar
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ea. Mango, peeled and diced
- Ice cubes
Directions:MORE NEWS: Nestle Recalls DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pepperoni Pizzas Due To Mislabeling Issue
1. Place carrot, habaneros, vinegar, and salt in a small pot with a tight fitting lid.
2. With lid on, bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add mango and simmer until mango and carrots are soft.
4. Place mixture into blender. Cover and puree.
5. Add ice cubes to cool mixture and adjust consistency.