OAKLAND, Pa. (KDKA)– Prepare for traffic and road closures in Oakland this week for college move-in.
Today, Pitt students begin to arrive on campus. According to Pitt Police, some roads will be closed including:
• Bigelow Boulevard (Forbes to Fifth): CLOSED, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday; 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday; and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday. Also closed from 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, to 6 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, for the Welcome Back Bash, which is from 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Saturday on Bigelow and the William Pitt Union lawn.
• University Place (Fifth to O’Hara): CLOSED, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday; 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and Friday
• Lothrop Street (Fifth to Victoria): CLOSED, 7 a.m.- 8 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday (Lothrop also will continue to be closed above Victoria Street because of work related to the Scaife Hall renovations.)
• North Bouquet Street (Fifth to O’Hara): CLOSED, Monday-Wednesday
• Thackeray Street (Fifth to O’Hara): CLOSED, Monday-Wednesday
• University Drive (Allequippa to Drive C): CLOSED, Monday-Wednesday
It's an exciting day for several students in Pittsburgh! It's move-in day for @PointParkU Honors Freshmen, and move-in day for @PittTweet students! *Expect DELAYS especially throughout the Oakland area on these roadways.* @KDKA pic.twitter.com/ourMLyP3bO
— Celina Pompeani (@CelinaPompeani) August 19, 2019
If you are moving your student in, Pitt recommends parking along O’Hara Street. You can unload your car(s) along University Place and Bigelow Boulevard.
North Bouquet Street
— City of Pittsburgh (@CityPGH) August 19, 2019
At Point Park University, Copa and Honors First-Year students move in today as well. All other first-year students arrive on campus tomorrow.
All arriving students should meet the University Team at the Student Center to unload their belongings.