PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — One man was taken to the hospital after a fire pit explosion in Pittsburgh.
Officials say it happened around 10:45 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of Oakglen Street.READ MORE: Fired BNY Mellon Employee Loses Appeal For Wrongful Termination Over Antwon Rose Protesters Facebook Comments
Police said a 34-year-old man poured gasoline over a fire pit, causing it to explode.READ MORE: United Steelworkers Authorize Strike At Local Allegheny Technologies Plants
An off-duty medic heard the explosion and ran to help.
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition.MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Weather: Cold Weekend Temperatures, Warm-Up On The Way
His burns cover more than 75 percent of his body.