ROSS TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — The Home Depot in Ross Township was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a natural gas leak.
According to Allegheny County officials, the gas leak was reported in the entrance way of the Home Depot store.
Ross: Ross Park Mall Drive – reported natural gas leak in the entrance way of Home Depot; building evacuated and utilities shut off while gas company responds.
— Allegheny County (@Allegheny_Co) September 18, 2019
Officials evacuated shoppers and staff from inside as a precaution.
The gas company was called to shut off the utilities and make repairs.
Everyone was allowed back inside a short time later.
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.