UPDATE: Gov. Tom Wolf canceled all K-12 schools for 10 business days.
Following Gov. Tom Wolf’s announcement, schools that are canceled through March 27 will no longer be added to this list. Schools that are canceled for more than 2 weeks will be added.
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Local high schools are beginning to cancel classes amid the coronavirus outbreak.
A full list of schools making changes in response to coronavirus:
- Wilkinsburg School District: The district is closing on March 13 and March 16 to “deep-clean” the buildings.
- St. Bede School: Closing on March 13 and 16 for sanitization.
- Pittsburgh Brookline K-8: Closing on March 13 after relative of Pittsburgh Brookline students may have been exposed to coronavirus while traveling out-of-state
- City Charter High School: Closing on March 13 for sanitization after a parent of two students visited Italy within the last month. Neither parent or students have tested positive for the virus.
- Colfax K-8: Closing on March 13 after a student may have been in contact with the virus from a relative outside of school.
- Rochester Area School District: Closing on March 13 for cleaning after two students may have been in contact with coronavirus. Neither student has symptoms.
- Pittsburgh Catholic Schools: No school for students March 16, teacher in-service day instead.
- East Catholic School: No school on March 13 for cleaning.
- Saint Therese of Lisieux School: No school on March 13 for cleaning.
- Serra Catholic High School: No school on March 13 in an effort to respond to questions and concerns.
- Fox Chapel Area School District: No school on March 13 out of precaution after a parent said a student is ill.
- Leechburg Area School District: 2-hour delay to help teachers prepare for a potential school closure due to coronavirus. All other educational settings to operate as normal – Lenape, private schools, CAP, Merekey, will not be impacted by the delay.
- Western Pennsylvania School For Blind Children: Closed until further notice
- Pittsburgh Westinghouse 6-12: Closed March 16 for cleaning because a staff member has a relative who may have been exposed to coronavirus while traveling out-of-state.
- North Hills School District: Closed effective immediately, will return “no earlier than March 30,” but closure could be extended. All buildings and facilities closed, all athletics, activities, events canceled.
- North Allegheny School District: Classes canceled starting March 16, to tentatively resume March 30. All school activities postponed.
- Shaler Area School District: All buildings, fields and facilities closed. School and activities canceled for two weeks, March 16 through March 27.
- Fox Chapel Area School District: All campuses closed through spring break. Classes scheduled to resume April 13.
- Moon Area School District: Closed from March 16 to March 27. All extra-curricular activities postponed.
- All public schools in Beaver County: All public schools in Beaver County will be closed from March 16 to March 29.
- Mt. Lebanon School District: Closing March 16, planning to reopen April 14. Buildings will be open March 16 to allow students to get the necessary items.
- Canon-McMillan School District: Closing March 16 through March 27, says closure could be longer.
- Pine-Richland School District: Closed March 14 through March 27, says “highly likely” the closure will be extended; contingency plan goes into effect March 16.
- Armstrong School District: Classes and activities temporarily suspended starting March 26 until further notice.
- Charleroi Area School District: Closed at the end of March 13 through March 27, with “tentative plans” to resume March 30.
- Upper St. Clair School District: Closed March 16 through April 14. All district activities and athletics suspended.
- Quaker Valley School District: Closed March 23 through March 27. Athletics and activities are also canceled from March 16 and March 29.
- West Jefferson Hills School District: Closed March 13 through March 27. Activities and school will “tentatively” resume March 30.
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District: Closed March 13 through April 13.