SANDUSKY, Oh. (KDKA) — Cedar Point announced it will be opening to all guests on July 11 with new safety protocols and social distancing guidelines.
The park will open to Gold and Platinum pass holders on July 9 and open to the general public 2 days later on July 11.READ MORE: Man Shot, Killed While Driving For Uber In Pittsburgh Remembered For His 'Big Smile'
“The safety of all of our guests and associates has always been, and will always be our top priority. We’re looking forward to returning to summertime fun in a safe and healthy manner,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point in a press release.READ MORE: Former Steelers WR Ryan Switzer Says Son Is Moving From ICU After COVID-19 Diagnosis, Surgery
“We’ve implemented new safety protocols throughout the property that align with the recommendations of health and safety experts. With that guidance, we’re ready and excited to welcome our guests and associates back to Cedar Point,” McClure said.
To ensure proper social distancing and limit capacity in the park, guests will be required to make a reservation.MORE NEWS: Suspect Sentenced To 20-40 Years In Prison For Fineview Shooting
New health and safety protocols that will be in effect will include the following:
- All guests must complete a health screening on the Cedar Point mobile app 24 hours before entering the park.
- All guests and employees will undergo a temperature screening before entering the park.
- Social distancing markers and signs will be placed throughout the park
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will take place in high-touch areas, dining locations, hotel rooms, and restrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the park.