EMSWORTH, Pa. (KDKA) — A family is safe early Saturday morning after escaping a house fire in Emsworth.
When a fire started around 5:00 a.m. at a house in the 200 block of Bryson Avenue, 19-year old Patrick Gross helped his entire family escape the home without injury.READ MORE: Rock Climbers Gather On Mt. Washington For 28th Annual Emerald View Park Cleanup
It’s believed that the fire started in the rear addition of the home in a bathroom vent fan.
— Royce KDKA 🖥 (@roycejonesnews) June 20, 2020READ MORE: Four Freight Train Cars Derail In Altoona
Crews at the scene believe that the fire may have spread to other parts of the home as well.
When Patrick discovered the fire in the vent fan, he was able to get his entire family out of the home, including their three dogs.MORE NEWS: Hundreds Wait In Line To Get License To Carry Permits In Monroeville
The family was not able to get their cat out of the home — but fire crews at the scene tell KDKA that the cat was seen in the home in good health.