The person thought they had put the cigarette out and went inside the home.

By: KDKA-TV News Staff

SHALER TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A cigarette sparked a house fire in Shaler on Sunday evening.

The deputy fire chief tells KDKA that someone was smoking on the front porch of the house along Homer Place.

The person thought they had put the cigarette out and went inside the home.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

The cigarette then caught some porch furniture on fire.

The flames spread into the attic of the home.