By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The toll road for the Pennsylvania Turnpike will be closed in both directions between Allegheny Valley Exit 48 and Pittsburgh Exit 5 for part of this weekend.READ MORE: Police Surround Home In Moon Township
The closure will go into effect starting on Saturday, June 12 at 11:59 p.m. and ending at 5 a.m. on Sunday, June 13.
The five-hour closure is due to construction work and will be subject to change if weather prevents construction from happening.READ MORE: Woman Charged In Connection With Shooting Death Of 18-Year-Old North Hills Graduate Ahmir Tuli
Crews will be working to put up bridge beams for Center Road near a milepost in Monroeville.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is asking that motorists use the following detours:
EASTBOUND TRAFFIC Exiting at Allegheny Valley Interchange:MORE NEWS: 19-Year-Old Worker Dies On Neville Island After Falling 50-60 Feet Off Roof
- Freeport Road (.7 mile) to
- PA State Route 910 west (.6 mile) to
- PA State Route 28 south (12 miles) to
- I-579 south/Veterans Bridge (1.5 miles) to
- I-376 east to PA Turnpike (Exit 85) (13.5 miles)
- Reenter I-76 at the Pittsburgh Interchange.
WESTBOUND TRAFFIC Exiting at Pittsburgh Interchange:
- I-376 west (16 miles) to
- I-279 north/Ft. Duquesne Bridge (1 mile) to
- PA State Route 28 north (23 miles) to
- PA State Route 910 east (Exit 11, Harmarville) (.2 mile)
- Left onto Freeport Road (.7 mile)
- Reenter I-76 at the Allegheny Valley Interchange.