The girl's father told KDKA's Shelley Bortz last month that it is his fault.

By: KDKA-TV News Staff

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The father of an 11-month-old girl who died after ingesting fentanyl is now facing charges.

READ MORE: Study Ranks Pennsylvania As 2nd Best State In U.S. For Christmas Decorations

Don Coleman is facing numerous charges, including involuntary manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child.

READ MORE: Pfizer Expected To Seek FDA Authorization For Booster Shots For 16, 17 Year-Olds

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office said Mi’Orah Coleman died Aug. 19 of fentanyl toxicity. The report states she was found unresponsive at a home that same day on Goe Avenue in Brighton Heights and was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The girl’s father told KDKA’s Shelley Bortz last month that it is his fault. Don Coleman said he used to snort the drug, but since his baby’s death, he is getting treatment.

MORE NEWS: North Hills School District Investigates Threat, Finds It Not To Be Credible

He told KDKA he believes his daughter got ahold of the straw used to snort the drug, and that is how she died.