Fireworks Cause Injuries, Spark Fires
There were a number of mishaps locally, including a pair of house fires that may have started from fireworks.
In Harrison Township last night, two homes were damaged by fire on Cambridge Street.
Meanwhile, a fire that damaged a home on South Sixth Street in Duquesne may have started when a fireworks shell went through a second floor window. No one was hurt, but the fire left two adults and a child homeless.
In Butler County, an 18-year-old was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital after having his hand partially amputated by a fireworks shell. Saturday, a man in Johnstown also suffered a hand injury. A man in Greene County suffered facial injuries when a shell exploded Saturday night.