Having some friends over to watch the game? Not sure what to make for your next tailgate? Great food can help get everyone get their game face on!
Rania Harris is helping to do her part and get your pre-game party off to a great start with this week’s Heinz Red Zone recipe for Sweet and Spicy Grilled Shrimp Wraps!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
Sweet and Spicy Grilled Shrimp Wraps
1 jar Heinz® Cocktail Sauce
1 cup Apricot preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Chopped chili in Adobo
2 pounds Peeled, de-veined shrimp (18-20 count)
6 Wooden skewers
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
6 Spinach wraps
1. Stir together cocktail sauce, apricot preserves, Dijon mustard and chili.
2. Place shrimp on wooden skewers (divided evenly) and lay them flat in a glass-baking dish. Pour half of the marinade over the shrimp skewers and turn gently one time to coat. Marinate the shrimp, covered in the refrigerator, for about 1 hour. Reserve other half of marinade and set aside.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp skewers from the marinade, discarding the marinade in the baking dish. Grill the skewers for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. Carefully remove the shrimp from the skewers and chop them into medium-sized pieces. Place the chopped shrimp in a bowl. Add mayonnaise along with the remaining marinade to the shrimp. Toss gently.
5. Lay the spinach wraps out on a clean surface and top with shredded lettuce. Top evenly with the shrimp and marinade mixture and then roll the wraps. Serve immediately.