Fire In Homewood Sends 6 To Hospital

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – At least four people were hurt when a fire broke out at a house Saturday evening in Homewood.

It happened on Kedron Street.

Authorities say the family was trying to light a fire in the fireplace when it got out of control and traveled up to the second and third floors of the home.

The injuries are not believed to be serious.

“All six were taken to local hospitals,” said Chief Larry Yakich. “One had burns on his feet – the father of the family. The mother and two children had smoke inhalation, and they had two guests, but I’m not sure if there were any injuries to the guest.”

Firefighters say they had trouble with the water pressure when they arrived on scene; so, they had to call the water department to fix the problem.


One Comment

  1. SwedishSnus says:

    What color was the driver?

  2. SwedishSnus says:

    Ummm…that would be WHITE.

  3. SwedishSnus says:

    HTF do you burn your house down while trying to start a fire IN A FIREPLACE? They don’t seem to have that problem when they’re barbecuing.

    1. Angela says:

      SwedishSnus, I take it your WHITE and RACIST.YOUR A JOKE HIDING BEHIND A NAME LIKE SwedishSnus

  4. Nick M 59 says:

    It is unfortunate that many fireplace fires happen because the fire places are not real fireplaces in the first place they where designed for gas heated phony logs.
    I have helped to put out many fires in homes after people mistakenly thought they could burn wood in a fire place that was designed for gas. I have even seen it happen with modern fire places as well where it is clearly stamped in the hearths metal do not burn wood or other materials in this fireplace.
    People automatically assume they can burn wood in a fire place and never think twice to have it checked out first despite all the warnings from newscasts etc.

  5. whiskey 6 says:


Comments are closed.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Bringing You The Best in Sports Talk Radio
New Podcast Network

Listen Live