Holbrook Man Facing Charges In Fatal Crash

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A Greene County man is facing a long list of charges following an accident late Saturday night on Pittsburgh’s South Side that claimed the life of a 7-year-old girl.

Pittsburgh police say 23-year-old Travis Isiminger, of Holbrook, is being charged with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, reckless driving while DUI, aggravated assault while DUI and speeding.

The two-vehicle head-on collision happened just before 10:30 p.m. at 33rd Street and East Carson Street.

According to police, emergency crews had to extract the driver and her two small children from their car.

The woman has been identified as 38-year-old Nicole Cleland of South Park. She was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital in critical condition.

Her two kids were taken to Children’s Hospital. Authorities say a 7-year-old girl died there from her injuries, and an 11-month-old girl remains in critical condition.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the 7-year-old victim as Lexa Cleland.

Investigators report that Isiminger tried to run away after the crash, but was followed by a security guard. Police officers caught up with him behind the Homeland Security Building.

Police say Isiminger was transported to the Zone 6 police station where he tested positive for driving under the influence. He was then taken to the Allegheny County Jail.

The investigation into the incident continues.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.

1. Kathy says:

Why do the innocent have to die for other people’s irresponsibility. God help the faimilies. My heart goes out to all of you.

1. laina says:

the 7 yeay old goes to my school she is in my class it is very sad i can not stop crying

1. Nicole says:

Iaina, I am so sorry you are hurting. It is a very tough thing for anyone of any age to cope with. My son, Ryan also went to school with Lexa although he didn’t know her. My heart goes out to you and all of her classmates, as well as her family.

2. jim says:

Hey Steven Zappala you better not give one inch to any plea bargain to this punk…3 weeks before Xmas and a family is ruined because of this punk..

3. Rachel says:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to our neighbors the Cleland family.

Matt Rachel and Jakob

4. Bill says:

Now he gonna enjoy a different type of nightlife. Courtesy of the fine guard’s and inmate’s in the Allegheny County Jail.

5. Jennifer says:

I heard this accident on the scanner and my heart just sank when I heard that officers were giving the girl mouth to mouth. I prayed all night that the little girl would make it. God bless this family! My family’s thoughts and prayers are with you.

6. SwedishSnus says:

Call Jim Ecker. Cop a plea, out in 3.

7. SSide resident says:

Publish the name of the bar where this kid got his last drink (since he was obviously overserved there), shut the place down, and put the bartender’s and owner’s faces in the paper next to the kid.

We’ve been warning all year that something like this would happen.

1. Dandy says:

AGREED. maybe we should send Steven Zappala knocking down doors so he can get a taste of how bad it really is, then maybe he wont be so lenient with this one.

2. Wendy Miles says:

You cant blame the bar. He is a big boy. Put the blame where it belongs.

1. Responsibility says:

There is enough culpability to go around. It is called being compliciite. Obviously if an individual (as has been described by media sources) is nearly three times over the legal limit and the bar that is serving the individual cannot see the impairment as it continues to serve the indiividual it smells of complicity.and incompetence.

3. Location says:

According to the Post-Gazette the bar was the Hofbrauhaus in SouthSide Works.

4. Disgusted says:

Very true! They should have called the cops for his disorderly conduct. Instead they sent him out in a rage! All involved are responsible. Police should stop worrying about illegally parked cars and conduct the DUI checkpoints outside of every bar. Keep serving the drunks to feed your bank accounts!!!

5. disgusted says:

Hofanbraus in the South Side Works was the bar

8. john says:

I witnessed this accident he had to be going 60 mph if not faster, in his mustang.Its a shame it was that little girl and not him. It always seems to be that way though, my condolences to the family.

9. Maria says:

our thoughts and prayers are with the Cleland Family and if there is anything we can do to help you we are here for you all.

Maria and Charlie
    New York

10. lb says:

Just Horrible , as a parent of 3 children I could not imagine the pain , pain cause be an idiot with NO COMMON SENSE DRINK AND DRIVE AND YOU MAY RUIN YOUR LIFE AND SADLY OTHER INNOCENT ONES AS WELL

11. praying wg& greene county says:

i feel bad for anyone invoeld in this accident i think we should all pray for everyone involed this is horriable time for both famileys sending my love out to all involed and families and friends loveyou alll

12. FRIEND says:

1. laina says:

ur praying for travis he is the one who was drunk and killed the little 7 year old girl travis should be sorry!

1. Praying says:

And i know travis is very sorry. How could he not be. He is human. He would have never wished this upon anyone. This will haunt him forever, i promise you that. Praying for both families and anyone effected by this tragedy.

2. Fed Up says:

A “Christian” home means nothing. Don’t bring religion into this. This young man is going to be a convicted drunk driver and murderer. He must pay for his crime whether he is Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, etc. What an inane comment you made.

1. Reply says:

I do not know the person named “FRIEND,” however after reading their comment I do not see where it implied that Travis was not going to be accountable for his actions. This person was simply describing the great sorrow that both families would have to endure. Describing the home that Travis came from, was describing the heartbreak it would bring to a family who raised him differently. So I do not see in any way “Mr. Fed Up” why this comment was so “inane” as you say. Laina- I would like you to stop for a moment and think if it was your child who committed such a horrific act, would your heart be breaking, I think so. The entire situation is a very sad tragedy for both families, and yes they both need our prayers.

13. Kristy says:

Our prayers are with you Cleland family….All of us in South Park and everywhere.

14. GL says:

It is scary a college friend thinks a bouncers or a bars job is to babysit a drunk. They did what they should. Cut him off & kicked him out. If he takes off, what should they do? This mentality of another young person that someone shoudl take responsibility is why these things keep happening. Knowing this mother couldn’t be with her dying & injured child is heart-breaking. May God send this family every blessing. And may this man get the right punishment. Send a message to the next drunk driver before another child dies.

15. Lexa's Prayer says:

To you, G-d, we humbly entrust this child, so precious in your sight. Take her into your arms and welcome her into paradise, where there will be no sorrow, no weeping nor pain, but the fullness of peace and joy forever and ever. Amen.

16. John says:

I feel no sorrow whatsoever for Travis, his family, his fiance, or his frat brothers. I hope that the guy rots in jail, lives an agonizing life, and dies a slow, painful death. That still would not even come close to what the family of this poor girl will go through for the rest of their lives – all because a frat boy drank too much and wanted to show off in his Mustang.

1. B. I. says:

If you knew Travis you would not say that, He should be punished, but not by hate speech in the open where friends and family of his can read it, like me. so john, sit down, and shut up.

1. Praying says:

Amen. B.I. Its peoples ignorant comments like that that make this entire situation so much more devistating. Hatred and rage do nothing to help anyone. and comments like that are just completely unneccesary.

17. John says:

Who was the manager on duty that night? Who was the bouncer that kicked him out? Who was his server?

18. Troy says:

Wow, amazing video of the crash scene. Hard to believe anyone survived. So sad, especially right before Christmas.

19. AJ says:

Obviously his “classmate” isn’t a PARENT – thinking more about placing blame on the bar than on the driver’s own stupidity … I don’t care what a “sweet guy” he is when he’s sober. He was an immature, irresponsible, selfish moron who had no regard for this family’s safety as he was flying down Carson Street at twice the speed limit.

Any man who will run away and LIE after he’s caused a tragic accident, drunk or not, has no excuse available to him. He is an ADULT. If you can’t drink responsibly, then stay the hell home. Nothing’s ever going to bring the little girl back, and this ignorant frat boy will NEVER be able to wrap his brain around the pain he’s caused.

I agree that it’s not the bar’s job to babysit! What a pathetic remark on the part of his classmate; the blame lies 100% with the driver! HE chose to do what he did, and HE knew better. No excuses.

WAKE UP, people. A child had to die so that this loser could get drunk and show off in his Mustang.

1. Maria says:

Thank you AJ, I am a friend of the family and your right he should be held accountable for his actions and I can’t say here whatelse they should do to him. Please keep the prayers coming for the family. thanks

20. lisa says:

its sad no matter what time of year it is

21. FT says:

After hearing about this tragedy on the news this morning I held my daughter even closer! Life is so precious & it takes a tragedy to realize it, my thoughts & prayers go out to the husband & father of the victims. Though it’s always sad to loose a life, Christmas a time of Joy & Cheer will never be the same for the Cleland’s but to flee the scene I can have no remorse for you Travis, that was a cowardly act & you would have been found eventually. Though justice will never be served because we can’t bring Lexa back, they need to put him UNDER the jail!!

22. disguisted says:

I am so saddened by this horrific accident. I was coming home sat. night and carson street was closed because of this nightmare. But I do know that this little girl who passed couldn’t be in better care, than in the hands of God that she is in now. My prayers go out to her family and I pray that the Holy Spirit will bring comfort and healing into their hearts. I pray that those that are closest to this family with have the strength and perseverance to be with them through their grieving process. As for the child who caused this accident, I hope that he will spend the rest of this life repenting for his sin and doing everything he can until his last day to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again.

23. FixPGH says:

Southside needs those bars watered down! A majority of those bars need to go! People are too irresponsible to take charge of their own lives. It’s a crowded area and it’s so easy for an intoxicated person to run over someone (drunkingly) wandernig in the streets or crash with some innocent person just trying to manuver around the drunk people on their way home. GIVE SOUTHSIDE BACK TO THE RESIDENTS!!!!

24. West Greener says:

This is a reply to the earlier post from the person saying how he comes from a good christian home.

Just because someone attends church more then once a week doesn’t make them a “christian”. It is how they live their everyday life. Well for anyone that lives in the West Greene community we know how Travis lived his life. He was a party loving young man who liked to drink and drive as well as get high. If the family wasn’t so busy judging others maybe they would be able to take care of their own house. They were very aware of his drinking but yet did nothing to intervene. It might make them look bad you know! My heart goes out to the family of this poor sweet little girl! NOT to Travis and his reckless, thoughtless usual self!

I have lived on the same road as him for several years. He was a constant menace to our road. He was always flying up and down this country road. It is a miracle that he hasn’t caused any accidents before this.

1. caring says:

So you make allegations about a young man saying that you know he was a partier and oh i like how you tell the world you think he got high you would only know if you was with him right. yes right. so in fact if he was such a BAD boy why didnt YOU do something about it????? one of those ones that run a mouth but do nothing maybe just you could of saved this life!!! but yes travis did wrong and he has to ay learning a leason the hard way. heart goes out to all involved and i dont know this family just think its wrong for someone to slander someones name or a familty.

And for the bar it is actually the responsibility of the server that if someone looks like they should not have anymore they are to stop serving them THIS IS THE LAW from a attorneys offices point of view. like I said he did wrong and needs to pay but to make allegations and to slander a name is against the law as well.

1. JL says:

I really believe that people need to think and then post accordingly, These posts are not comforting to these poor family’s, the are in fact infuriating and heartless. This is not a place were people should pretend be the judge, jury, and executioner. That is for the courtroom, and the people assigned to do that. So instead of posting thoughts like this maybe you should just not hit the submit button and instead think about the innocent victims and their families that are going to be reading this. You know nothing of the pain they are going through and shouldn’t pretend to be so “caring”.

2. West greener Reponse says:

I would agree that it is important that a person through live out on a daily basis what he or she professes (by the grace of God). I would also agree that just because someone goes to church more than once a week that is doesn’t make he os she a “Christian.”

However it is apparent as you refer to Travis’ family as being “so busy judging others” that you have set yourself up to be their judges. Travis’ actions were terrible and criminal and the results of his actions were even more terrible. People from good familiies sometimes do terrible things in spite of what they have been taught and shown. . I cant help but believe that there are very few families who are not affected by the bad behavior of family and friends from time to time.

It is reprehensible that you would use this terrible thing to express your distaste for this family through this platform as you air an attack against this adult man’s family. If you don’t like them that is your prerogative but you have shown that your agenda goes beyond offering an insightful contribution.

This man’s family is a fine Christian family and you should keep the stones that you are throwing with you up in the peanut gallery.

25. Pattie says:

I just wish the Police Force had enough officers to have a DUI check point set up on Carson St past the intersection with Sarah, the Birmingham Bridge and some where past 10th St. I feel there would be a lot of people being cited with a DUI. I feel so sorry for this family, I can’t even begin to imagine the pain they are going through.

26. BIGTYMER412 says:

This isn’t the bars responsibility!!!

Should you blame Ford because he was driving a Mustang at the high speed?!!?

The dude had over 10 beers in him…3 Liters? He could have got 10 beers at the beer distributor! He knew he was wrong thats why he ran away and didn’t even offer to help the victims…If you’re going to cause a bad wreck, you should atleast help the people you hurt and do what you can…what an a-hole to run like that. I hope the cops beat him down when they found him. He’s going to have it very, very rough in the County Jail…

My heart and payers go out to the victim’s family.

27. Concerned says:

This accident was horrific… My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this tragedy. The young man in custody will have to answer for this tragic accident. Drugs and Alcohol, used in excess, are a problem across our nation. The worst part is the collateral damage that is inflicted without warning… I will mourn for your loss.

28. RG says:

I seen the whole inncident. Travis walked by our table and kicked my Girl friend in the shin he was so wasted. Then he walked over to the table next to us and started puking on it, and puked on a ladies fur coat.. I have 10 people that seen this as well we were celebrating my GF B-Day responsibly. I then saw the 2 african american bouncers walk over along with the manager and escort this guy out. This happened about 10 PM or so at the HofBroHaus Pittsburgh. Our secretary left right after he Kicked my Girlfriend between 10-10:10. The wreck happened at 10:23. This guy was so intoxicated the cops should have been notified. I am not blaming the bouncers but I do hold management accountable for not accessing this situation better. We love the HofBrau but will not be going or ever taking any clients there after this. God Blees the Family and if you drik be responsible.

1. FixPGH says:

Well, unfortunately even though it is law to not serve anyone noticeably intoxicated – the bars will continue to serve because they are getting MONEY. The bartenders are getting TIPS so of course they will keep serving beyond the point of intoxication.

2. Julia Martin says:

Could anyone who has information about what occurred at the Hofbrauhaus with Travis Isiminger and/or witnessed or has any information about the car accident please send an e-mail to backgrounds@csiinvestigators.com. This is on behalf of the Cleland family. Thank you.

3. Nicole says:

Hi RG,

I am interested in more information regarding this incident. Please call Nicole at (724) 775-3577. Thank you.

29. Kearston says:

Lexa was the sweetest little girl, And she will be very missed.
    Cleland family is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Your neighbors,
    Kearston, Beighly, & Rob

30. Heather says:

I simply cannot wrap my mind around any of this. The Cleland’s are my immediate next door neighbors, and they are truly kind and humble people. It literally sickens me that they’ve endured this tragedy. Lexa was an adorable little girl with such a sweet spirit! I remember the day she was born! When she was within 10 feet of her 11.5 month old baby sister, the baby’s face would just light up. I’m just so saddened by all of this. I pray that not only Travis, but all of us, can remember that it is never advisable to drink AND drive. In the blink of an eye, life is forever changed. May we all cherish life and not take it for granted.

31. ac says:

I knew Travis growing up, we used to be really good friends. I cannot believe that he would be so irresponsible and drive drunk. It is so heartbreaking that around Christmas time for the rest of their lives a family will not be celebrating the season, they will be mourning the loss of their daughter who was at the beginning of her life. I can only offer my prayers to this family knowing no words that could comfort them in this unthinkable time. I’ve read about people trying to find the right person to blame when it all rests on Travis. People are responsible for their own actions and now Travis has to live the rest of his life knowing that he took the life of a 7 year old. I know people make mistakes, but at what cost will a person realize that their actions COULD be devastating??….when their actions ARE devastating. People everywhere need to learn from this mistake and NOT GET BEHIND THE WHEEL, EVEN AFTER ONE DRINK!!!!!

32. Greene County says:

To everyone who wants to pass judgment on Travis let’s just think back to the time you drove that one time a little drunk or your child who might have drove drunk, it could have been YOU or YOUR child! I am sure 80% of teens and college age students drive drunk every day. Yes they didn’t take a life YET, but it could happen to you or your family. If Travis was so drunk why did anyone let him drive? If he was throwing up and stumbling why didn’t someone try to stop him? No they escort him out after serving him MORE then they should have! Let me just clear some things up, Travis is a good person who was taught right from wrong, who has amazing parents and siblings, amazing grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. The Isiminger family is devastated and hurt as well. They feel so horrible for the other family. Neither families will celebrate Christmas and may not recover for years. Travis will have to suffer forever with the guilt and pain he caused. So instead of saying it’s the family, he is a bad person, he needs to die, why kill another for a life already gone, so we can cause more pain, more suffering. Hasn’t everyone just suffered enough?

1. w00by says:

“I am sure 80% of teens and college age students drive drunk every day. ”

And I am sure that your statistics are complete nonsense. What kind of school did you go to?

Some of us were too busy working, studying, and focusing on our futures to do something so stupid. So, I suppose you could count me, and my husband, and our friends in the 20%. Guess we weren’t cool enough to hang with the group getting plastered every day.

Oh, and this dude wasn’t “a little drunk”, Greene County.

Can people stop making excuses for this guy? Little boy needed to GROW UP and take some responsibility for himself, and he DIDN’T, so this is what happens.

And, Greene County, Travis may have been taught right from wrong. But it sure as hell didn’t sink in, did it?

2. D says:

newsflash – travis murdered a child and then ran away. disgusting. can we stop feeling bad for him please? it’s an insult to that little girl and her family.

1. Jon says:

D, please watch that you dont call Trav a murderer, its consider slander by some of the knuckleheads in here..

33. john says:

I witnessed this accident if you want to call it that its not an accident when you get behind the wheel drunk and decide to do 70 mph up carson st. Yea we all know people close to us who choose to get behind the wheel and drive after drinking including myself but never did I or anyone I know decide to do 70mph behind the wheel after drinking. The point is he was drunk shouldn’t of drove but then once he got behind the wheel he decided to floor it then he smashes into a family then could of got out and tried to help them but instead decided to run like a coward while a little girl lay their dying ,and for that he deserves no sympathy and I hope the judge. throws the book at him and gives him the maximum possible.

34. Chuck says:

Just three hours before Lexa died she was singing in a Christmas ;program with 70 other kids. She sang like an angel. Now she is one.

35. Jon says:

Anyone and I mean anyone who for one second speaks good about this punk is a moron…Get it through your thick skulls, HE KILLED A 7 YEAR OLD INNOCENT CHILD because of the rocks in his head…Green County, you apparently exemplify what that neck of the woods is all about…This moron not only KILLED an innocent human being he tried to run then put up a fight with the police…BAL well over 2 times the legal limit..GREEN COUNTY there is NOTHING that you or anyone who for one second says anything about this punk other than he is a punk can dispute any facts in this case…Zappala better show some balls here and not give in to any plea bargain on any of the charges..

1. D says:

jon – i completely agree. i am completely disgusted at the people that have the nerve to defend him. that little girl should be alive, not him.

2. BC Friend says:

I don’t agree with what Travis did and considering I have known him for a long time and went to college with him, I have been struggling with whether to be angry with him or feel bad for him.

Many of my friends are completely disgusted with anyone who says anything bad about Travis after this. I have argued with many of them saying that we need to be praying for the Clellands and we need to think of what he did. We can’t just feel sorry for him because we know him and know what he’s like. I can’t help but think of the Clelland family and feel such sadness for what they’re going through. I have (many times) asked my friends to think of how they would feel if this little girl was their little sister, cousin, neice, or even friend then think of how they feel about what Travis has done.

That being said, I am asking you, Jon, to think of what you’re saying. What if the person that had a few too many and got behind the wheel and sped off was your little brother, cousin, nephew, or friend?…We all know people who have made mistakes and who deserve to be punished for what they’ve done. No one has said that Travis is out there asking anyone to pretend he didn’t do this, he’s not the one on here making excuses for what he’s done and he has not once said that he is asking for sympathy. I am sure he knows what he has done and he is only thinking of the Clellands when he is wishing he could take that night back.

Like I said, I go back and forth on what to think about all of this but I am just asking all of you to think before you speak. This truly is something that could happen to anyone’s family and friends whether you believe your family and friends would ever be “dumb” or “irresponsible” enough to do something like this.

My thoughts and prayers are with both families and with all of you that you might find forgiveness and sympathy in your own hearts.

36. jon says:

One more thing Green County, tell that family that Travis is an a hole…He will walk out of jail one day and his family will see him again…Try telling that to the family of the little girl…If there was a God then this POS would be dead and the innocent victims of the horrible tragedy would be alive…Ole Trav boy, big shot stud from West Greene will get his if there is any justice at all in this world..

37. devastating repercussions says:

Theres an obvious victim here. The decisions made by the young man have destroyed a family. Keep in mind before condemning the individual that such responses neither bring the innocent child back nor support the family of the victim. I in no way support the faulty decision made but know that the repercussions will last beyond a jail sentence in the mind of the perpetrator. My condolences go to the family of the innocent victim.

38. john says:

found this interview with him online.

39. Jay Hough says:

To this JOHN guy, why so hateful? We all get the point, he did an inexcusable act. It was moronic, and it ended with a 7 year olds death. WE ALL GET THAT. but you calling him names and calling for his death does nothing but hurt more people. is that your goal? I understand that you feel Travis should be punished more than he most likely will be, and you have every right to do so. BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRY TO HURT HIM OR HIS FAMILY BUT TYPING THE THINGS YOU DO. Who are you to judge? I met travis a few times and he seemed like a very nice kid. Nice. nice does not mean responsible. or free from flaw. it just means nice. if you met him before this incident he would talk your ear off and he always made me laugh. He made a mistake. a big one. but regardless, a mistake. Im not a religious person. but everyone deserves a second chance. . . I know, I know, Lexa doesnt get one, and I am horrified at that. It could have happened to anyone. But two wrongs do not make a right. locking someone who had some potential good to do in the world who made a mistake for the rest of his life doesnt bring Lexa back, so yes, punish him, teach him his lesson through the court system. but dont sit on the internet and babble words of hate for everyone to read. your not doing anything productive. and as for the showing off his mustang comments. He did not even like the vehicle he had, he had mentioned to me he wanted to sell it multiple times. It was not a frat boy showing off. It was a drunk 23 year old who made a mistake. my thoughts are with the Cleland and Isiminger Families. To all of you, make this extremely negative situation into a positive one in anyway you can.

40. Pete says:

I know it won’t bring her back, but 40 years in the slammer would be justice…

41. Jon says:

Jay, its JON, not JOHN so get it right if you are going to address me..Now to answer your question about why so much hate…I had to sit down with my child on Sunday and explain to him why the little girl he played with on Friday at school wont be in school anymore…Think that was easy? Getting behind the wheel of a car and KILLING an innocent child and ruining countless lives isnt my definition of a mistake…

42. Disgusted Posts says:

My heart goes out to the family of the young girl. The Isiminger family, as well as the fiance, should not be punished and rumored about throughout these posts. The bad decision should be the fault of Travis, and him alone. No one can help what happened now. The only thing we can do is pray for the Lord to help these families throughout their difficult time. They are all hurting.

43. Jay Hough says:

so JON (not sure why that matters), Im sure it was tough and I am sorry that you had to do that, I would have been upset also. But if you do not call that a mistake what exactly do you call it? it was a non intentional occurance, which coinsides with the definition of a mistake. so, in fact, it was a mistake in the annotative definition of the word. your connotation should not have an effect on everyone who reads this. Yes he drank on purpose, you could even go as far as to say he got in his car and drove erratically was on purpose, but he did not crash his car into their car on purpose. If this would have directly affected you then your connotation would have meaning in this matter, but the fact that you are just a secondary in this, as am I, opinions shouldn’t come into play when publically discussing the topic. It does nothing but hurt the feelings of those involved.

44. jane says:

it’s terrible what happened but Travis isn’t a bad person….i didn’t know him well but i went to school with him and he was just your average guy who made a tragic mistake

45. D says:

I would just like to say that, yes, Travis made a GIANT mistake. I am in no way saying he is not to blame. I do pray for the victims family and I am horribly sorry for their loss. It should not have happen. But I grew up with Travis and his sisters. I call their mother “mom” ALL of you who want to sit here and say things about that family need to stop. Travis’ mistake was in NO way their fault. If you had a criminal in your family would you blame yourself? What if your brother raped someone… are you to blame? NO. So stop blaming his family. I love Travis and his family, and yes, he did make a very large mistake… but please leave his family alone. This is not their fault and they are also mourning. They mourn the little girl along side with dealing with the impact that this has had on them and the community.
    BOTH families are in my thoughts and prayers.

46. D says:

Jon… you think it is easy for Travis’ mother to sit down and tell his younger sister or nephew what he did? Or what about the victims family? Do you think it is easy for them to tell? Yeah, it is sad that you had to tell your kid about it and I am sorry that was hard…but seriously. Shut up. You are not the victim in this. That little girl is and the families. Stop blabbing hate everywhere. You are doing nothing but teaching that same hate to your kid…

1. Jon says:

D, do you have rocks in your head?? IF Travis didnt commit this murder then nobody would have had to sit down and tell anyone what happen. Why do I have to be the victim to have such hatred for a coward..Not only did he commit this horrible crime but he ran away and then gave the cops a hard time when it was time for him to start the long journey of paying for this act..Trav deserves NO SYMPATHY at all for his actions that could have easily been prevented..He could be the nicest guy in the world but guess what he is now a murderer..Not spreading hate at all, JUST FACTS…Do you think what I say on here has any bearing whatsoever in the lives of the people involved in this tragedy?? Personally I could care less how the family of the murderer feels, he committed the crime and deserves every thing that is said about him, not only on here but other sites…As for the victims family, I am sure they have way more important stuff to worrry about than what I or anyone else on here says about Trav…To be very honest about things, I dont know anyone involved in this situation but my hatred for this guy is very real…Might be because this has hit close to home or because I have a child around that age and if something like this ever happen to him I am very very afraid of what I would do seeing how from the outside looking in on this situation and how I feel…The bottom line is this, A 23 year old went out and murdered an innocent child and ruined countless lives (yes, I am including his family in that statement) by committing an act that could have very very easily been avoidable…

1. jon says:

D, one last thing…No where on here did I once blame his family…I said that they have been affected and drawn into this through no fault of their own..Trav is the one who my hatred is directed to…What the family has to endure from his acts are sad but they dont pale in comparison to what the victim and her family have to endure…

2. jons answer says:

he hasnt been convected of murder to my knowledge maybe you jon have rocks in your head. travis did wrong yes indeed. and i dont think your the only one that had to explain this to his or her child but you seem to be the one to run your mouth to EVERYONE. so best advise just stop. Mr JON

47. Red Mosquito says:

There is nothing for this POS punk except a spot in Hell. I couldn’t care less about this moron or how he feels; HE DRANK, HE DROVE, HE KILLED, does anyone of this POS’s defenders care to dispute that? Now the victim’s family will have to endure reliving the tragic night once legal proceedings begin. That’s the problem with the legal system in this country; when a case is as cut and dry as this one, there is no need to tie the system up. A favorable resolution can be achieved with four things; a scaffold, noose, turner, and witness. Or give the father of Lexa a vial of 6N hydrochloric acid, a baseball bat, and five minutes with this punk. Had this been my family, the least of this moron’s worries would be the legal system.

48. Jay Hough says:

JON, you hating him, and repeating it several times IS HATE SPEECH in its most definite terms. and while Im tearing apart the way you speak “murderer” is not the correct term, Murder implies premeditation. Im done trying to show you the potential good, just keep teaching your child to hate, im sure that will get things accomplished.u are not doing anything but making yourself look bad.

RED MOSQUITO, First off, no one disputed those three things to begin with, secondly you condoning cruel and unusual punishment is ignorant to say the least. So, threaten away, you are not doing anything but making yourself look bad

TO ANY OF LEXA’S or TRAVIS’ FAMILIES, Im sorry this discussion has to take place. I am tired of these ignorant people talking poorly about someone who made a mistake. no matter how large or small. Let the first person free of mistake throw the first stone, i guess.

49. b says:

Jon,I seriously hope that your children never make a mistake, which one will be forgivable. Love isn’t something a parent stops doing because their child made a mistake, fatal or minor. I also had to tell my children and grandchildren and cried as I buckled the babies into apparently useless car seats. I cried for every victim of this tragedy and ask myself how I could live with this if it were me, either driver. Some things haunt us forever but love never stops and harsh words only fuel our feelings of helplessness.

50. b says:

Red Mosquito, A death sentence ?? Seriously, you may feel that way, but the law reserves that for premeditated acts of violence. No attorney would ever let a client of a drunk driving accident plead guilty, even if he or she felt guilty. The law requires the best defense an attorney can provide, for every citizen , accused of any crime.. If it were you on trial, for any reason, wouldn’t you want that? Would your family? I understand that you are angry and hurt, so am I. But until ACCUSED is convicted there can not be punishment. That is what this country is about.

51. devastating repercussions says:

Before asserting your opinions as fact, I recommend that you become educated as to the legal differnces between the charges of murder and vehicular homicide. Murder involves a prior intent to commit the crime. Vehicular homiced lacks the element of such malice aforethought, hence the reason as to why Isiminger wasn’t charge with murder. I assume that many of you uneducated and oblivious souls will continue to reference Isiminger as a murderer, however in good conscience I must further emplore you to reference the legal definition of the term libel and its repercussions before doing so.

52. B says:

I about had it with the comment about Travis being a murderer. For one, as Jay stated, a murderer premeditates their actions before carrying it out. So Jon, before you point your finger at Travis maybe you should become a little more educated! Oh, and by the way, not EVERYONE in Greene County drinks to get drunk for the hell of it. Don’t imply things about someone, a place, or something before you even know what it’s all about.
    I do not support Travis’ decisions in anyway. However, don’t you think having to live with the fact that you killed someone because of your irresponsible actions is enough to live with? It’s a reason in it’s own to NOT WANT to live.
    Also do not go blaming Travis’ family. He’s 23 AND he’s an adult! There comes a point in one’s life when they stop listening to their parents and make their own decisions. By no means is it the fault of his parents, family. etc. He’s the one to blame and he’s going to have to live with the fact that he killed the life of a 7 year old innocent child.
    My heart hurts for the Cleland family and friends. Nobody wants to say goodbye to a 7 year old. May God bless them.
    I pray that others learn from this horrible tragedy. Maybe one of these days, it will happen.

1. tp says:

he is a murderer, he knew drinking and driving is wrong-get real he should fry as all drunk driving jerks should. tired of all this bs, he is such a nice guy, hes young, alcohol is stupid along with the people who use it.

2. jon says:

Hes a murderer you jack ass.

1. jonapunk says:

i bet we can give you jack ass give us a time and place!!!!!

2. curious says:

hey jonapunk, are you a friend of the murderer?

53. tb says:

I know trav family personally and they are a great one! Trav made a very unitelligent decsion, which he will be punished for, however to sit here and try to bash his family is very uncalled for. My heart goes out to the victims family no doubt about that. The Isiminger family needs thoughts and prayers too! Both familys are hurting.

54. d says:

What is considered to be a good Christian family?

55. tp says:

Drunk drivers- first offense,lose lic. for 5 yrs second offense,lose for life, kill someone while drunk min 50 yr sentence. alcohol is stupid, no need for it.

56. maroon says:

its sad to see all of this arguing going on, and the rude, bitter comments back and forth over who’s wrong and who’s right, who’s a christian, who’s not. Why not leave this comment area with condolences, uplifting messages, or words of encouragement for the family who lost their little 7yr old angel? Do you all really think they want to read all this? Isnt this type of anger what causes problems like this in the first place? I hope this family finds a way to deal with this and to find closure in their own way. My sympathy goes out to them.

Comments are closed.