Having some friends over to watch the game? Not sure what to make for your next tailgate? Great food can help get everyone get their game face on!
Rania Harris is helping to do her part and get your pre-game party off to a great start with this week’s Heinz Red Zone recipe for Kicked-Up Quesadillas!
Don’t forget to tune into the PNC Steelers Huddle Show each Saturday after the 11:00pm news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
1 cup Heinz® Chili Sauce
1/2 cup Heinz® Hot & Spicy Ketchup
1 cup Sour cream
8 10-inch Flour tortillas
3 cups Cooked, lean ground beef
3 cups Shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup Diced red pepper
1/4 cup Chopped green onion
1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
1. Blend the chili sauce and ketchup. Divide mixture in half.
2. Stir one half with the sour cream and reserve to use as a dipping sauce.
3. Spread the other half of chili sauce and ketchup mixture evenly over the tortillas.
4. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cooked ground beef, cheese, peppers, onion, and cilantro. Fold over each tortilla.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
6. Add two tortillas and cook, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until each side is golden.
7. Slice into wedges and serve with the reserved dipping sauce.