House Fire Closed Glenwood Bridge
GLEN HAZEL (KDKA) — A fire in Glen Hazel destroyed one home and heavily damaged another late this morning.
Firefighters responded to the fire along Alluvian Street near the intersection with Second Avenue in Glen Hazel around 11:00 a.m., but smoke and flames quickly spread to the house next door.
Two people were able to escape the burning buildings, but their pets did not survive.
As they battled the fire, crews evacuated the structures and shut down the nearby Glenwood Bridge.
While there is no official cause of the fire, one of the residents told KDKA-TV that it may have been caused by an electrical problem.