PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Since the hiring of new head coach Michael Haywood, things have slowed down at Pitt. Haywood is busy finalizing his coaching staff and trying to salvage Pitt’s recruiting class.
Here is some news concerning his coaching staff and some recruiting news:
– This morning on Rivals Radio, Haywood announced that 74-year old Morris Watts will be his offensive coordinator. Watts previously coached with Haywood at Miami, Ohio.
– Haywood also said that both wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin and running back Dion Lewis are looking into whether to enter the 2011 NFL Draft. Both are seeking information from the league as to where they might be drafted. Baldwin is almost certain to enter while I’d be surprised if Lewis leaves.
– Pitt has lost another big-time recruit. Cornerback Kyshoen Jarrett has changed his commitment and now plans on attending Virginia Tech. Jarrett is a 4-star recruit from East Stroudsburg.
– Players that have announced they’ve de-committed from Pitt: Bill Belton (4-star), Jameel Poteat (4-star), Gary Nova (3-star), Terrell Chestnut (4-star), Lafayette Pitt (3-star), Marquise Wright (4-star) and Desimon Green (3-star).
– Two players are sticking with their commitment to Pitt: LB Quinton Alston and DT Khayin-Mosley Smith.
Listen to Mike Haywood’s interview with The Fan Morning Show: