Snow Causes Morning Commute Problems

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The snow began falling in the Pittsburgh area during the morning rush hour and it didn’t take long for the roads to become slick.

There were several reports of minor accidents around the area during the morning commute.

A tractor-trailer overturned in Butler County in the southbound lanes of Interstate 79 near Prospect.

Pennsylvania State Police issued a statement to drivers about the deteriorating road conditions due to the snow.

They are advising motorists to slow down and to keep a safe distance between other vehicles on the road.

KDKA-TV Meteorologist Dennis Bowman is calling for snow to start accumulating this afternoon and into Friday morning.

Expected snowfall from 2 p.m. Thursday through 7 a.m. Friday:

• One to two inches in the Allegheny, Washington, Fayette and Westmoreland County area.
  • Two to thee inches in the Butler, Beaver, Armstrong and Indiana County area.
  • Three to five inches in the Erie, Crawford and Warren County area.

Stay With For More Details

1. The Chosen One says:

9: 45 traffic on outbound side of Squirrel tunnel yet inbound side is all backed up also. Why Rubber Neckers. Amazing people just drive its not like you have not seen a wreck before. Roads were not yet bad yet

2. sara says:

i do not like the new website. you can’t see anything or do anything with that black box following you.

1. Debbie Joslin says:

Hey! I don’t like the new website either! Can you go back to the old one?

1. Adam Joslin says:

Hey, I don’t like you; can you go back to New Jersey and quit Unique Threads?

3. joey says:

i am sure there are parents out there who have to know when bad weather is coming to know if they maybe have to make a change in their work schedule due to a possible school delay. + alot of people who work outside have to plan their next days work and know the weather is important. Thank you KDKA for keeping us updated.

4. Bill Saunders says:

Please go back to the old website , this new one is really bad and hard to find the news on

5. Mayor Stupidstal says:

I’ll give you 1-2 inches

6. Jim says:

Ever notice that you didn’t hear much about the weather until Giant Eagle started sponsoring it? Hmmn. Makes you wonder.

7. Suzi says:

Yah, someone has to monitor this horrible site! Please!!!! Go back to the old site!!!! It had news updated CONSTANTLY. Seems that this one takes hours, sometimes days to grasp the news!!

8. Heidi says:

Have to agree….NEW WEBSITE REALLY SUCKS!!!! PLEASE go back to the Old Version! Thanks!

9. angel25daisy says:

new website does suck. can only see limited information and hope you click or heard something that you can do a search to get to the right spot for the rest.

10. pittgirl says:

I agree-I don’t like the new site either and that pop up for 7 11 is particularly annoying…

11. shalerbooklady says:

i agree — do NOT like new site at all — can’t find anything — takes forever IF you are finally lucky enough to locate it!

12. Jen Fuhr Ortiz says:

I agree – I used to only use kdka for my local news. I like when there is a list of links like they used to have. I come here for the weather, but now I’m using WPXI for the news because the links are right on the front page. This one only has a few lead stories on the front page.

13. Jen Fuhr Ortiz says:

AND it put my real name! What happened to my profile name?

14. UsedtoLikeKDKAwebsiteButnowIdon't says:

I agree – this site is terrible. Anyone check out what happened to the iPhone? Destroyed at the same time CBS took over this site. KDKA used to be my go to site for news. Now, it is my last choice and the only reason I end up here is out of habit. But like most habits, when the reward isn’t there, it becomes easier to break the habit…..

15. JOMARIE says: