Local Woman Killed After Vehicle Hits Pole In Moon Twp.

MOON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) – A woman is dead after her vehicle crashed into a utility pole in Moon Township.

The one-vehicle accident happened just before 12:15 p.m. Friday on Thorn Run Road near Canterbury Drive.

According to Moon Township police, the driver became trapped after the vehicle struck the pole.

Crews with the Moon Township Volunteer Fire Company were able to get her out of the vehicle, but she was pronounced dead a short time later by paramedics.

Police say the victim is 48-years-old and from Allegheny County.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation by Moon Township police. Officials say but there was no ice or snow, but the road was wet.

Comments

1. crystal says:

If there was no snow or ice on the road, and there were wet she had to be speeding and lost control of her car and hit the telephone pole. And you should always wear your seatbelt.

1. Clinton says:

yea you really need to say your sorry because I am a friend of the family as well and she was a very nice lady and will be missed greatly. I would appreciate it if you would say sorry and not assume things about others.

2. kathi says:

I’m really sorry, but I can think of a great many other scenarios than the one you came up with. My mom always used to say that if you don’t know what you’re talking about, you’re really better off not talking at all. Over the years, I’ve come to understand how right she was.

3. Joan says:

What it was…was a tragedy. I cant believe some people would immediately pass judgment like they’re some kind of god and holier than the rest of us.
      SHAME ON YOU CRYSTAL!

4. Dana says:

Who died and left you to pass JUDGEMENT on others. Do you know the person ? Really, do you? I do! She was a childhood friend of two of my cousins, she was kind, caring, loving and a wonderful person and mother. I pray that nothing like this happens to you and someone writes the same about you.
      How would your family feel??? Think next time….,

2. Samantha says:

Excuse me Crystal, but I’m a friend of the family. You should NEVER assume that someone was speeding. We believe that she may of had a heart attack. Thanks for your assumption, but no thanks.

3. Samantha says:

Oh and Crystal, were you at the scene to see if she was in fact wearing a seatbelt? Ok, just checking.

4. Tai S. says:

I drove past this accident and it was just terrible. I am so sorry for her family and friends.

5. Daniel says:

We drove past the accident scene and the firefighters were standing side by side to shield the rescue from view of passing motorists. The road was wet and there was no ice nor snow. She could have had some sort of medical event that caused this. If someone has a heart attack usually the leg extends and that would cause acceleration of the vehicle. Always sad when anyone dies.

6. Joan says:

SHAME ON YOU CRYSTAL!

7. silky1 says:

So sad to hear of this; I have had the pleasure of conversating w/this person. She was a very nice lady. May she RIP!

Comments are closed.