3 Pittsburgh Guys, With Bar In Texas, Excited For Super Bowl

FORT WORTH, Texas (KDKA) – There are plenty of bars in Texas that claim to be Steelers themed, but one of them has legitimate roots back here in Pittsburgh.

On the outskirts of Fort Worth, heading west into open country, three guys from Pittsburgh have found a home away from home in their new bar, Wet Willie’s.

wetwillies 3 Pittsburgh Guys, With Bar In Texas, Excited For Super Bowl

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

“We came to Texas to open up a Texas country bar, and ironically, the Steelers happen to come to the Super Bowl,” said Rick Verrico, a native of Penn Hills.

These friends from southwestern Pennsylvania are now pinching themselves over their luck.

“When we started this four months ago, we didn’t know what was going on. We played the Ravens and beat the Ravens, and it just snowballed after that,” said Ralph Delgetti, a native of Morningside. “Now, it’s just like, ‘Do you believe they are going to the Super Bowl and we’re here?’”

So, now the guys are hanging their Terrible Towels and as much black and gold as they can find.

They are also tuning up for what they hope will be a destination for a lot of folks from back home.

“We have a lot of people, family from back home, that’s already on their way, coming down; talking about being here,” added Gino Maurizio, a native of Shaler.

Comments

1. Barb Tinyo says:

Good Luck Gino, tell Rick Nick says hello! You could invite us down for the superbowl

2. Mike Holden says:

Three Gangsters from the burgh . But good guys just trying to make a living . Go see them they will guarantee a good time in the little state of Texas !!!! Nothing matters but making sure there guest will have a good time . Ralphy is the most generous guy you will ever meet . Ask him for a drink he will give you one

3. Antietam St says:

Good luck with your bar guys! Glad to see morningside represented. Go steelers!

4. Decio Rapali says:

Best of luck fellows. I can’t wait to check out your place. It looks awesome. GO STEELERS!!!!

5. ROB says:

GOOD CLEAN CLUB. FRIENDLY WAIT STAFF, LOTS OF ROOM TO MOVE AROUND. THESE GUYS SHOULD MAKE A GO OF THINGS. WELCOME TO COWTOWN.

6. db says:

This is awesome. Hey guys good luck. Make sure the sausage and peppers, meatballs and sauce are cooking good down there. Show those Dallas cake eaters how to do it right. Cabish

7. dd says:

8. Mrs. Martin says:

Is this the Ricky Verricho from Washington school that will be the big 40 on Feb 7? Happpy Birthday

9. Pam says:

Would love too stop by what is their address?

10. Rdogg says:

DOING BIG THINGS RICKY! MY MAN

11. Rick Verrico says:

Look forward to seeing Steeler nation at Wiet Willies. I also wanna thank Gino Maurizio for opening Wet Willies and giving myself and Ralphie the oppurtunity to join him . GO STEELERS…..

12. Mary Ann (TysarczyK) Farina says:

Good Luck Ralph,

Guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised to see you on TV!. I never know where you will show up next!

13. Chris Kavalir Fanto (Realtor) says:

My step-brothers are down there Ralph – the Murrays – I will send them in, Stacey is right there in Dallas with his wife & two boys. . .so proud of you, thought about driving the yellow bug down but game tickets are impossible..not sure why Dallas got more than us Steeler season ticket holders ? – politics & money I guess. .Morningside will always be about Football – hey even at my age, I still hold the sticks for the younger teams – will always luv the game & the passion that goes with it – Good Luck to You All at Wet Willies – Go Steelers

14. Gino says:

Gino Murizio
    I want to take this time to send out a little thanks to my lifelong friends Rick and Ralph who believed in me and who gave up their quality time and family. They moved to Fort Worth to help me open my bar and I am giving them an opportunity of a life time make a living for themself and their family. I am glad we can bring a little bit of Pittsburg to Texas.
    Thank you Ricky and Ralph for sticking by my side and believing in my dream.
    Go Steelers, Thanks Guys!!

15. Mark S says:

I stopped into Wet Willies last week and this is hands-down the nicest club in Fort Worth. These guys did it right and we will be there Friday and Saturday night before the game. Great Pittsburgh owners, Great country entertainers, and a Great Pittsburgh bar! See you there!

16. Annette says:

Well I am glad to see that being a waterboy for the Morningside Bulldogs paid off Ralphie. I wish all of you guys lots of Luck.
    Go Steelers!

Netty

17. Denise says:

Gino, Good Luck with Wet Willies! The bar looked great on TV and looks like a fun place to hang out. I think you did it this time!!!!! Wish I was there with you guys. Have Fun & have a drink on me!-Love- Ya sista (inlaw)

18. Carolyn says:

Gino, So proud of you! All your hard work is paying off! You have an amazing talent for this kinda stuff! Good Luck with your new place! This will be one of many outstanding moments to remember.

xxoo
    Carolyn, Rick & Boys

19. keri says:

We r in fort worth now.. can’t find this bar anywhere.. no number or web page..really want to watch the game there. Can anyone help? We r from Pittsburgh in need of some black and gold

20. larry smith says:

country and western? where’s your facebook page and website?
    the place looks good but country, not so sure about that..

1. Deanna Murach Echols says:

Oh Larry…it’s country…come have a Ziegenbock with me & check it out!

21. Deanna Murach Echols says:

Wet Willies is my home away from home! I am usually there Mondays & either Friday or Saturday whichever night I am not out promoting one of my bands! My friends have a running joke about it…”I am like furniture there!” This place is blowing up, it’s the place to be in DFW!

Comments are closed.