Fatal Ford City Fire Ruled Accidental

FORD CITY (KDKA) — The fire marshal in Ford City has ruled a fatal fire accidental.

The blaze broke out just after 8 p.m. Thursday in the 1500-block of Fifth Avenue in Ford City.

Jennifer Torney, 46, died in the fire and her fiancé, Doug Walbert, was injured and taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital.

According to Fire Marshal Ron Wojcik, the couple’s mattress caught fire.

The Armstrong County Coroner ruled Torney died from carbon monoxide inhalation.

RELATED LINKS
Armstrong County

Comments

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

New Podcast Network
Learn How

Listen Live