Market District Recipe: Shrimp & Crayfish Etouffee
If you’re looking for a new seafood dish to make, be sure to try out this great recipe from the Giant Eagle Market District in your home today!
Shrimp and Crayfish Etouffee
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
1 lb Crayfish meat with fat
½ lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup Unsalted butter
¼ cup Flour
1 cup Yellow onion, large diced
1 cup Green and Red Bell pepper, large dice
1 cup Celery, diced
1 T. Fresh garlic, minced
2 1/2 cup Seafood stock
1 T. Market District Spicy Pepper Blend – or your favorite Cajun seasoning
3 dash Tabasco
¼ cup Parsley
2 each Bay leaves
3 T. Scallions, chopped
2 tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1. Over low heat in a heavy bottomed pan add butter and flour.
2. Using a wooden spoon stir occasionally until roux is a nicely browned; will take about 20-30 minutes.
3. Then add “Holy Trinity”(peppers, onion, celery) and garlic.
4. Sweat vegetables until translucent about 5-10 minutes.
5. Add stock and scrape any bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
6. Stir in seasonings, parsley, bay leaf, crawfish and shrimp.
7. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve with rice and garnish with scallions.