Flyers Vs. Penguins Game Day Notes
Penguins CentralShop for Penguins Gear
Buy Penguins Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Pittsburgh Penguins got some good news during their morning skate prior to tonight’s showdown with the Philadelphia Flyers.
Here’s the latest updates from the morning skate:
- Jim Colony of The Fan Morning show reports that Sidney Crosby was on the ice before the morning skate with Matt Cooke, Eric Tangradi and Nick Johnson.
- The Penguins have sent goaltender Brad Thiessen back to Wilkes-Barre Scranton. Brent Johnson has missed the previous three games, but will serve as Marc-Andre Fleury’s backup tonight.
- Dan Bylsma is expected to get an update on the status of injured forward Dustin Jeffrey. Jeffrey left Friday’s game against New Jersey with a lower-body injury and did not play Sunday against Florida.
- UPDATE 12:12 p.m. – Bylsma said Jeffrey has suffered knee damage, but is not sure how serious it is at this point.
- Mark Letestu returned to practice this morning and will center the top line tonight against the Flyers.
- The forward lines for tonight’s game are expected to be:James Neal –Mark Letestu Alex Kovalev
Chris Kunitz – Jordan Staal – Tyler Kennedy
Chris Conner – Max Talbot – Pascal Dupuis
Mike Rupp – Craig Adams – Arron Asham
- Mike Comrie appears to be the odd man out with the return of Letestu.
- According to KDKA-TV’s Mike Zappone, Bylsma said at this point there is no scenario in mind where Crosby would join the Pens on their upcoming road trip to Tampa Bay and Florida.
Tune in to watch KDKA-TV’s Bob Pompeani who will be broadcasting live from CONSOL Energy Center during the KDKA-TV News At 6 p.m.